by User: Otto didact
|Ruler||Prime Aqasix Yanagawn the First|
|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
Physiology and Characteristics
Azish people are described as being short and dark-skinned, deep brown, but not true black like some parshmen. Not all dark-skinned peoples are Azish, however. The Azish people have a smooth accent, like the Emuli. They are peaceful, and prefer education to war. However, in battle they use bows and spears. Most of the Worldsinger population is Azish.
Flora and Fauna
Azir have a legend about truthberry jam, an Azish fruit, which says that those who consume the berries speak only the truth until the next sunset. The berries themselves are harmless, but the leaves and stalks of truthberry plants can be burned, which makes people intoxicated and euphoric. Shallan Davar remarks to Kabsal that they should be called birthberries due to the fact of intoxication.
- The Azish view of homosexuality is based on middle-ages Indian society, wherein the gay person would be "socially reassigned" and be expected to exist and act as the opposite gender.
- Map of Roshar
- The Way of Kings chapter 40 #
- Map of Silver Kingdoms
- The Way of Kings interlude I-5 #
- The Way of Kings chapter 71 #
- The Way of Kings chapter 46 #
- The Way of Kings chapter 53 #
- The Way of Kings chapter 14 #
- The Way of Kings chapter 42 #
- Words of Radiance interlude I-9 #
- The Way of Kings chapter 18 #
— Arcanum - 2017-01-03# - old