|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
Larger species have a large gem inside of them, called a gemheart. Greatshells are usually wild and hunted for their gemhearts, edible meat and carapace, although some species are domesticated.
Their blood is violet, and has a musty, moldy smell.
They have no tongue, and a complex set of jaws. Chasmfiends, for example, have some flat platelike teeth for crushing and destroying shells and other, smaller mandibles for ripping off flesh or shoving it deeper into the throat.
Known Greatshell Species
- The Way of Kings chapter 12 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_12#
- The Way of Kings chapter 40 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_40#
- The Way of Kings interlude I-8 Summary: The Way of Kings/Interlude_I-8#
- The Way of Kings chapter 36 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_36#
- The Way of Kings chapter 26 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_26#
- 17th Shard Forum Q&A
— Arcanum - 2012-09-27#
- The Way of Kings chapter 15 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_15#