|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
Ryshadium are known for being larger, faster, and possessing greater stamina than other breeds of horse. They are also generally considered to be more intelligent than other horses with their owners at least occasionally assuming that they are sentient. Furthermore, they are known for choosing, and only obeying, a particular rider. There are only a dozen men throughout the warcamps that have been chosen by Ryshadiums, with Dalinar and Adolin among these few. Their Ryshadium stallions were Gallant and Sureblood respectively. Ryshadium are more common in the west, but they have been seen as far east as Alethkar.
Ryshadium obtain their special abilities through a spren bond. The specifics of this bond are as yet unknown. It appears that they bond with musicspren, as they appear around Ryshadium even though there are no songs being played.
Though Ryshadiums were stronger and more intelligent than normal horses, Shardbearers sometimes fight unmounted because they didn't want to endanger them in close attacks.
- Ryshadium is a word also used in the Alcatraz series; Radrian Blackburn asks Leavenworth Smedry how to bypass the Sentinel's Glass of Ryshadium during the torture.
- Ryshadium are often called the third shard, alongside Shardblade and Shardplate. 
- The Way of Kings chapter 12 #
- The Way of Kings chapter 15 #
- Arcanum Unbounded - The Rosharan System #
- Oathbringer chapter 26 #
- Words of Radiance chapter 29 #
- The Way of Kings chapter 68 #
- Arcanum entry 10499
Error: missing reference description, click to import.
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 16 #
- Oathbringer chapter 10 #