|Titles||Highprince of Alethkar, Highprince of Works|
|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
He is a long necked, slender man who speaks in an overly polite manner. He is falling behind in his payments to King Elhokar, one of the many acts of the highprinces which undermined Elhokar's rule.
He involves ardents in his political maneuvers, an act which was both illegal and a violation of custom ever since the Hierocracy, however the tactic has become increasingly popular and is used by many lighteyes.
His princedom lays on Alethkar's eastern border.
He is the only Highprince to comment publicly on Dalinar's first announcement as Highprince of War. Torol Sadeas beat him and Roion to a gem-heart, but gave it to Hatham dismissively. Sadeas was jealous of Hatham's Ryshadium. He stayed reasonably quiet during the meeting which Shallan introduced herself to the court on the Shattered Plains.
After the Battle of Narak
Following the nightmarish battle, and the advent of the Everstorm, most of the highprinces united under the towering halls of majestic Urithiru; with only a few stragglers refusing to conform to the mass migration. Hatham was one of the highprinces who made the move to Urithiru and has since been given the title Highprince of Works. The Highprince of Works has management of the kingdoms infrastructure: sewage disposal, civil services, and potentially stormlight management; with the increase in uses for stormlight since the Battle of Narak.
- Oathbringer chapter 19 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_19#
- The Way of Kings chapter 18 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_18#
- The Way of Kings chapter 54 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_54#
- Map of Alethkar
- Words of Radiance chapter 5 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_5#
- Words of Radiance chapter 29 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_29#
- Words of Radiance chapter 38 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_38#