Era of Solitude
|Era of Solitude|
|Participants||Heralds, Knights Radiant, Voidbringers, Singers, Unmade|
|Effects||Enslavement of the singers, disbandment of the Radiants|
|Featured In||Stormlight Archive|
”The Voidbringers were cast back into the Tranquiline Halls. The Heralds followed to force them out of heaven as well, and Roshar’s Heraldic Epochs ended. Mankind entered the Era of Solitude. The modern era.
The Silver Kingdoms existed from some time prior to Aharietiam until likely just after the Day of Recreance. The Knights Radiant supported a unified kingdom across the land connecting everyone via Urithiru, with Alethela being the center of protection for all of the Kingdoms. After the fall of the Knights, and with Urithiru abandoned (leaving each kingdom isolated) they would no longer be able to function as they had.
The Era of Solitude began after the Last Desolation known as Aharietiam. After being told that the Voidbringers had been defeated by the remaining Heralds, mankind began rebuilding for the first time in years.
Events of the Era of Solitude
- Aharietiam - Began the Era of Solitude.
- The False Desolation - War with Singers not lead by the Fused.
- The Day of Recreance - Knights Radiant broke oaths and abandoned Shards.
- The Enslavement of the Parshmen - This may have happened just before the Day of Recreance.
- The Death of Honor - Honor was killed and the power he held was splintered by Odium.
- The Collapse of the Silver Kingdoms - While unknown when the Silver Kingdoms fell, without the Knights Radiant the system would have broken down by this point.
- The Hierocracy - Classical Vorinism attempted to control the world, much of history was sanitized during this time.
- The Scouring of Aimia - Aimia suffered a cataclysm of some kind.
- The True Desolation - the coming of the Everstorm ended the Era of Solitude.
The current Vorin calendar in the Era of Solitude did not begin at the end of Aharietiam, but a date approximately three thousand years afterward. This date that starts the calendar takes place some time after the Day of Recreance but before the Hierocracy.
|History of Roshar|
|The Last Desolation||The Era of Solitude||The True Desolation|
- The Way of Kings chapter 45 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_45#
- The Way of Kings chapter 32 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_32#
- The Way of Kings chapter 19 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_19#
- Prelude to the Stormlight Archive Summary: The Stormlight Archive/Prelude#
- Oathbringer chapter 56 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_56#
- Oathbringer chapter 77 epigraph Summary: Oathbringer/Epigraphs/Chapter_77#
- The Way of Kings chapter 52 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_52#
- Oathbringer chapter 17 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_17#
- Words of Radiance chapter 3 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_3#
- The Way of Kings chapter 36 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_36#
- Arcanum entry 125
Error: missing reference description, click to import.