|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
Tallew is a relatively labor-intensive crop to grow, as it cannot survive flooding from highstorms. This makes it profitable to sell, which led Turinad Sebarial to set up tallew fields near the warcamps on the Shattered Plains. The Akanny region of the Sadeas princedom in Alethkar has rolling hills that are ideal for growing lavis and tallew, and it produces a large amount of both grains.
Once harvested, tallew can be stored for months to provide sustenance during the winter. It can be transported in bags and used as rations on long journeys. Tallew's long shelf life allowed the Kholinar Wall Guard to eat it during the Siege of Kholinar.
The grain often has other ingredients such as spices added to it. Lighteyes sometimes eat boiled tallew mixed with a spicy gravy spread on slices of stagm. Fruited tallew rice with flatbread is a common meal for children in Alethkar. Tallew is often used as an ingredient in stew. Tvlakv served his slaves unspiced, overcooked tallew with a mushy texture and Kaladin found it revolting, later experiencing flashbacks to how bad it tasted.
- The Way of Kings chapter 37 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_37#
- Edgedancer chapter 12 Summary: Edgedancer/Chapter_12#
- Words of Radiance chapter 40 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_40#
- Oathbringer chapter 10 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_10#
- The Way of Kings chapter 58 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_58#
- Words of Radiance chapter 46 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_46#
- The Way of Kings chapter 2 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_2#
- Oathbringer chapter 70 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_70#
- Words of Radiance chapter 64 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_64#
- Words of Radiance interlude I-12 Summary: Words of Radiance/Interlude_I-12#
- The Way of Kings chapter 54 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_54#
- Oathbringer chapter 14 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_14#
- The Way of Kings chapter 26 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_26#
- Oathbringer chapter 18 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_18#
Big Smooth (talk) 11:26, 9 July 2019 (MST)