by User: Otto didact
|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
In the Silver Kingdoms era, Rira was a part of Iri. Iri continues to be a major influence in Rira in the present day; however, there are some people in Rira who make an effort to keep themselves ideologically and religiously distinct from Iri, as well as the Vorin nations to the east. 
Rira has an Oathgate which Jasnah Kholin believes is located in the city of Kurth. Rira is not a current military power and does not possess soulcasters. Rira is also home to the Sunken Forests. 
Dalinar Kholin’s wife Evi was from Rira. She married him after she and her brother Toh fled the country with a set of Shardplate they had stolen, which Dalinar later gave to his son Adolin. This theft was one of the reasons Iri, and therefore Rira, did not join Dalinar’s coalition.
While both Rirans and Iriali share many physical traits, there are some small genetic differences between them, which has plot significance.
- Map of Roshar
- Map of Silver Kingdoms
- Oathbringer chapter 12 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_12#
- Oathbringer chapter 66 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_66#
- Oathbringer chapter 8 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_8#
- Oathbringer chapter 16 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_16#
- Oathbringer chapter 19 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_19#
- General Reddit 2016
— Arcanum - 2016-07-14#
- Oathbringer chapter 122 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_122#