by User: Otto didact
|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
The weather of the Reshi Isles is warm and overwhelmingly humid. The rainfall on the Reshi Sea often forms a misting haze.
- I-nah - A type of tree with bark of stone which grows along the bottom of the Reshi Sea.
- Tai-na - A type of island-sized habitable greatshell worshiped by the Reshi.
The Reshi are described as having black hair, tan skin and rounded features. They speak Reshi, which is a language sounding like barking. They are a relaxed people, living a simple life, though not every Reshi is carefree and prefers lounging to fighting.
They know much of foreigners, but are not aware of the current economic situation on the mainland, so they only trade with people they trust and respect during the trading season. With outsiders seeking out the place and trying to exploit them, they grow tired of those who bring goods of low quality.
As indigenous populations, the Reshi have no real concept of assassination and war. To them, battle is more about yelling and posturing than actual killing. When trading, a Reshi judges the other trader as they would judge a rival in battle.
The Reshi worship Tai-na as their gods. They believe that the Tai-na approve of boldness, and interpret the movements of the Tai-na as divine will. They use bundles of fruit as offerings.
Reshi standard clothing includes wrap and tassels. Swimmers like to walk about unclothed. In parts of the Reshi Isles, some women don't even wear tops due to the hot weather. The king of an island is dressed in full, voluminous robes and the soldiers wear crustacean breastplates and armguards carved with points.
All the Reshi furniture is flat and long. There are no chairs, just cushions.
- Geranid and Ashir - Two ardents who live together on an unnamed small island
- Rysn and her babsk Vstim (along with their guards Kylrm and Nlent) - They came to an island to trade for the corpse of a larkin.
- Axies - He was found hanging upside down from his feet for having offended the god of an island.