The Coppermind has spoilers for all of Brandon's published works, now including Tress of the Emerald Sea and The Frugal Wizard's Handbook for Surviving Medieval England (Secret Projects One and Two). Information about books that have not yet been released, like the other secret novels releasing in 2023 and Stormlight 5, is allowed only on meta-pages for the books themselves. For more details, see our spoiler policy. To view an earlier version of the wiki without spoilers for a book, go to the Time Machine!
|Groups||Knights Radiant (Windrunner)|
Bridge Four, Sadeas army (formerly), Kholin army
|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
“We protect those who cannot protect themselves. ”
Drehy is a member of Bridge Four and a Windrunner on Roshar.
Appearance and Personality
Drehy is lanky, long-limbed, and muscled. He has blond hair, although he is balding. He speaks with a faint accent.. Shallan referred to Drehy as "handsome". He is gay, and is currently seeing a man named Dru.
Drehy was on Bridge Four when Kaladin began trying to save the men. He was among the first to defend Kaladin, even while the others taunted him. While the crew was in the chasms scavenging, Kaladin talks with Rock, Teft, and Dunny, and with prompting, Drehy talks a little as well. When they were being taught to wield the spear by Kaladin, Drehy, along with Skar, learned almost as quickly as Moash did. He was also among the first bridgemen that Kaladin trained in first aid, along with Rock and Skar.
After seeing Sadeas abandon Dalinar in the Battle of the Tower, Drehy remarks that it makes him sick. When shocked by Kaladin's display of his abilities, Drehy swears by the Brightcaller's rays and a little later speculates that Kaladin is a spren rather than a man.
Drehy joins the guard of Dalinar and takes turns guarding the Kholins along with the rest of the former members of Bridge Four, under Kaladin's leadership. He helps train the bridgemen from other crews as well. Kaladin sends a message to Teft requesting more men in the training arena because Drehy and Moash had been working too many hours. During dinner in the Bridge Four barracks one night, Drehy flips a chunk of stewed longroot at Lopen after the Herdazian claimed he was ready for anything.
As the Alethi armies approach the center plateau, Drehy and Skar are assigned to guard Adolin. After he receives the order to attack, Adolin asks the two if they are going to stay behind due to Kaladin's aversion to bridgemen participating in battle against the Parshendi. Drehy insists on fighting, asserting that they're no longer dealing with Parshendi. Drehy and Skar keep up with Adolin during the battle. At one point, Drehy helps cut the Parshendi's ropes from Adolin and assures the prince that the Parshendi will send real attacks against him eventually. Drehy and Skar save Adolin from falling off the plateau and a little later help him get his armor off when it loses most of its Stormlight.
Drehy is selected by among the best of Bridge Four by Teft to assist Adolin and Shallan for their battle against the Unmade Re-Shephir in the heart of Urithiru. Drehy plays a fairly important role in the battle, standing in front of Shallan at one point and stabbing one of the creatures of Re-Shephir through the head with his spear.
During a meeting between Sigzil and Kaladin, Sigzil informs Kaladin that Drehy has been courting a man named Dru from the market district and asks if Drehy needs to fill out forms for social reassignment. Kaladin tells Sigzil that no such form exists for the Alethi. 
When Rock sets out with other members of Bridge Four to see what has become of Rock's family that was traveling to Urithiru by way of the Shattered Plains, they discover the caravan was attacked and Drehy notes that it was the work of the Voidbringers.
Drehy was chosen, along with Skar, by Kaladin to be part of the group that traveled to Kholinar to get an update on the city. This choice by Kaladin shows that with the absence of Moash, Drehy was regarded as one of the better fighters among Bridge Four. During the trip to Kholinar, Drehy flew using Lashings, meaning that he has the powers of a Windrunner squire. 
During the infiltration and subsequent Battle of Kholinar, Drehy played a vital role. As one of the better warriors of the group, Drehy helped guard Shallan and Adolin throughout their time in Kholinar and also helped Kaladin during the battle of the palace to push back the enemy. When Shallan began her way to the Oathgate to battle the Unmade, Drehy was sent by Kaladin to assist her and keep the palace guard and the Fused away from her while she focused on the Unmade. Drehy was not of the members of the group to travel to the Shadesmar, instead remaining in Kholinar with Skar to attempt to continue the battle.
Working on information gained by spanreed, Kaladin traveled to a cave on the coast of Alethkar. Entering the cave Kaladin discovers that Drehy and Skar survived and escaped Kholinar with Gavinor Kholin. They had smeared ash on their foreheads to hide their tattoos, and both looked weak and exhausted from their travels. Showing Gavinor to Kaladin, Drehy quotes the Second Ideal of the Windrunners.
After reuniting with Kaladin, Drehy bonded a spren of his own. He participated in the evacuation of Hearthstone with his fellow Windrunners, engaging the Fused in combat, before returning to Urithiru. Skar and Drehy travelled with Rock and his family to the Horneater Peaks before returning to the Shattered Plains for Teft's funeral.
- He is a cameo of one of Brandon's college friends Ryan Dreher, who is also gay
- He is described as long-limbed and lanky, an in-joke between Brandon and Ryan
- Drehy's boyfriend Dru is possibly a cameo of Ryan's husband
- He is planned to play a major role in the Lunamor Novella
- ↑ a b Oathbringer chapter 122Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_122#
- ↑ The Way of Kings chapter 17Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_17#
- ↑ Rhythm of War chapter 5Summary: Rhythm of War/Chapter_5#
- ↑ Words of Radiance chapter 2Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_2#
- ↑ a b The Way of Kings chapter 49Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_49#
- ↑ a b Oathbringer chapter 29Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_29#
- ↑ The Way of Kings chapter 27Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_27#
- ↑ The Way of Kings chapter 62Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_62#
- ↑ a b The Way of Kings chapter 67Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_67#
- ↑ The Way of Kings chapter 68Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_68#
- ↑ Words of Radiance chapter 12Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_12#
- ↑ Words of Radiance chapter 41Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_41#
- ↑ Words of Radiance chapter 81Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_81#
- ↑ Words of Radiance chapter 82Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_82#
- ↑ Words of Radiance chapter 84Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_84#
- ↑ Words of Radiance chapter 85Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_85#
- ↑ Oathbringer chapter 35Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_35#
- ↑ Oathbringer chapter 37Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_37#
- ↑ Oathbringer chapter 60Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_60#
- ↑ Oathbringer chapter 83Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_83#
- ↑ a b c Rhythm of War chapter 12Summary: Rhythm of War/Chapter_12#
- ↑ Rhythm of War chapter 10Summary: Rhythm of War/Chapter_10#
- ↑ Oathbringer chapter 114Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_114#
- ↑ a b Shadows of Self London UK signing
— Arcanum - 2015-10-19Cite: Arcanum-5316#
- ↑ Calamity Philadelphia signing
— Arcanum - 2016-02-20Cite: Arcanum-7437#
- ↑ Rhythm of War Preview Q&As
— Arcanum - 2020-11-16Cite: Arcanum-14405#