|Abilities||Radiant squire for Order of Windrunners|
|Groups||Bridge Four, Sadeas army (formerly), Kholin army|
|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
Appearance and Personality
Leyten was an apprentice armorer prior to becoming a bridgemen. The armor of a lighteyes broke, allowing an arrow to hit in the shoulder, and the blame fell on Leyten. As a result, he was demoted to work on the bridge crews.
On the first bridge run after Kaladin's promotion to bridgeleader, Leyten dropped after taking two arrow wounds in his shoulder and the opposite arm. Another arrow grazed his stomach and his left leg was trampled by a horse. Teft and Rock carried Leyten to Kaladin, who insisted on treating his wounds. Leyten fell unconscious and Kaladin feared he wouldn’t make it. However, Kaladin pulled the arrows free from his arms and cauterized the wounds. He splinted Leyten’s leg using the arrow shafts and cauterized that wound as well, saving the man’s life. The crew brought him back to the barracks by tying him to the top of their bridge while they ran and then quickly untying him before the army crossed. Leyten’s wounds soon became infected, causing Kaladin to enlist Rock and Teft to help collect knobweed sap for its antiseptic qualities. The knobweed sap worked because Leyten was up and about, though he initially had a lot of trouble walking due to his crushed leg.
Leyten’s condition continued to improve, even joining the rest of Bridge Four in the chasms for spear training and harvesting. After the success of using the Parshendi carapace armor, Leyten was tasked with crafting additional sets of armor for every man in Bridge Four. He expertly crafted armor to fit on their current leather jerkins and caps, along with arm and shin guards to match. Leyten insisted on ornamenting the helms with ridges and cuts, as well as cutting the breastplates and guards in toothlike patterns.
Dalinar's Army (1173—)
After the Battle of the Tower, Leyten joined Dalinar’s army along with the rest of the bridgemen. He continued working on armor, fixing issues as gear arrived from the quartermaster. He also assisted in guarding the various members of the Kholin family. In the mornings, Leyten trained with Natam and a few others. When Kaladin gave Shen a spear, he encouraged the parshmen to train with Leyten and Natam, who were willing to teach him. When Renarin joined Bridge Four, Leyten helped teach him how to carry a bridge. Leyten was one of the bridgemen who was guarding Dalinar when Rlain surrendered himself to the Alethi. He survived the Everstorm and the preceding battle.
- The Way of Kings chapter 63 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_63#
- The Way of Kings chapter 14 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_14#
- The Way of Kings chapter 17 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_17#
- The Way of Kings chapter 23 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_23#
- The Way of Kings chapter 27 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_27#
- The Way of Kings chapter 32 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_32#
- The Way of Kings chapter 49 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_49#
- The Way of Kings chapter 64 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_64#
- Words of Radiance chapter 2 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_2#
- Words of Radiance chapter 5 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_5#
- Words of Radiance chapter 22 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_22#
- Words of Radiance chapter 46 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_46#
- Words of Radiance chapter 68 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_68#
- Words of Radiance chapter 78 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_78#
- Words of Radiance chapter 87 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_87#