|Abilities||Radiant squire for Order of Windrunners|
|Groups||Bridge Four, Kholin army|
|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
”Because I want to help! I want to do something other than stand around, waiting for the enemy to come to us!
Appearance and Personality
She's interested in pursuing the masculine arts, and dislikes being treated as incapable of fighting just because she's a woman. She's disappointed when Shallan informs her that a Radiant can be feminine, and when Kaladin suggests that Lyn can serve as a secretary, she's furious with him. She's impatient and eager, and wants to take the fight to the enemy rather than wait for it to come to her. She's also good at making friends, sliding into the Bridge Four group without any problems, and appreciates good art. She can keep a cool head in stressful situations, and take charge when necessary.
Scout and Messenger
Lyn was one of the scouts who accompanied Dalinar Kholin's expedition into the center of the Shattered Plains. She, along with Shim and Felt, aided Shallan with mapping out the central plateaus during the Battle of Narak, providing illustrations.
Following the Alethi moving to Urithiru, Lyn started working as a messenger. She was the one to report the murder of Vedekar Perel to Dalinar, as well as the one to fetch him when Bridge Four found Oathbringer. At the same time, she began to hang out around Bridge Four, even going with them to investigate what turned out to be Re-Shephir. There, Lyn was the first to notice Midnight Essence. During the ensuing battle, she provided first aid to the wounded.
When Kaladin returned and Bridge Four began to recruit squires, Lyn attempted to join. Kaladin initially thought she wanted to be a scribe, but after the situation was cleared up, he allowed her and four other scout women to join. Lyn initially had problems breathing in stormlight, but with Skar's help, managed to do so, becoming a proper squire. Eventually, the rest of her squad joined her.
From then on, Lyn easily slid into Bridge Four's structure, becoming fast friend with other members. Shortly before the Battle of Thaylen Field, she was on good enough terms to know their history with Amaram, even suggesting that she could "stab him a little" for them. When Jezrien's Honorblade was stolen, she was present, and ordered another scout to fetch Renarin to help with Rock's wounds.
After Teft managed to swear his Third Ideal, Lyn came to Thaylen City along with the rest of Bridge Four, carrying Rock until he was close enough to Kaladin to start healing himself with stormlight. Afterwards, she participated in the fighting. She survived the battle, and was last seen listening to Lopen's story of how he lost his arm.
”I could [stab Amaram a little]. I've only started training with a spear. We could claim it was an accident.— Lyn or her own combat ability
Lyn is one of Kaladin's squires, allowing her to heal herself with stormlight, as well as use the Surges of Gravitation and Adhesion, but only when he's nearby. While she's not shown using the latter, she is capable of flying by the time of the Battle of Thaylen Field. As a scout, she was armed with a knife, and presumably knew how to use it. After joining Bridge Four, she begins to use a spear, although she's still, by her own admission, only a beginner. She's also capable of drawing what she'd scouted from memory, although her artwork prioritizes speed over quality.
- Lyn was named after Lyndsey Luther, who made a post in a Reddit thread asking what fictional world people would want to live in, replying with The Way of Kings. Brandon asked her to send him her information so he could insert her as a character in the next book, Words of Radiance. She was also chosen to be a beta reader.
- Oathbringer chapter 46 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_46#
- Words of Radiance chapter 81 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_81#
- Oathbringer chapter 29 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_29#
- Oathbringer chapter 35 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_35#
- Oathbringer chapter 8 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_8#
- Oathbringer chapter 111 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_111#
- Oathbringer interlude I-14 Summary: Oathbringer/Interlude_I-14#
- Oathbringer chapter 28 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_28#
- Oathbringer chapter 55 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_55#
- Oathbringer chapter 120 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_120#
- Oathbringer chapter 121 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_121#
- Oathbringer chapter 70 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_70#
- Reddit announcement
— Reddit - 2014-05-07Cite: Reddit/Fantasy/24yegw#
- Acknowledgement for Oathbringer Summary: Oathbringer/Acknowledgements#
It has yet to be reviewed.