by Bonnie Johnson
|Abilities||Nahel bond, Edgedancer magic, Splinters of Cultivation|
|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
”We're spren, but my kind—cultivationspren—are not very important. We don’t have a kingdom, or even cities, of our own.
In the Physical Realm, cultivationspren take the form of a vine that grows rapidly. This vine appeares to be speckled with smooth flecks of quartz, but it does not glow with Stormlight. They can form the appearance of face by curling vines around one another. After a time, the vine trail they leave behind solidifies, becoming like crystal before crumbling into dust.
In Shadesmar, cultivationspren are, like other sapient spren, humanoid. They appear to be composed mostly of vines, with hands made of crystal. Their faces look as though they are composed of green string, and they all wear clothing, which doesn't seem to necessarily be part of their essence -- one female cultivationspren was spotted wearing a vorin havah.
A deadeye cultivationspren looks similarly to a living one, albeit dried out. Rather than vines, their bodies look as though made of ashen brown cords thin as hair, giving the appearance of rough cloth or a cluster of brown vines. They also has long nails.
The cultivationspren Shallan and Adolin interact with in Celebrant was quite pleased to learn that the honor of men and the Knights Radiant have returned. He helped stall the Fused looking for them so they could escape.
Out of all spren, cultivationspren are the best at manifesting souls.
Cultivationspren can form Nahel Bonds with humans. Through this, they can grant the Surgebinding abilities of Abrasion and Progression. However, they have only began to do so because Cryptics and honorspren were doing this, and there are no cultivationspren alive who'd remember how such bond is supposed to work.
Like other Radiant spren, cultivationspren lose their memories upon entering the Physical Realm, although it seems as though the Ring has some ability to lessen this effect by careful preparation.
- Wyndle (bonded to Lift)
- Mayalaran (deadeye cultivationspren of Adolin's Shardblade)
- The Celebrant dock registrar
- Edgedancer chapter 2 Summary: Edgedancer/Chapter_2#
- Words of Radiance interlude I-9 Summary: Words of Radiance/Interlude_I-9#
- Oathbringer chapter 102 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_102#
- Oathbringer chapter 120 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_120#
- Oathbringer chapter 87 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_87#
- Oathbringer chapter 89 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_89#
- Oathbringer chapter 117 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_117#
- Edgedancer chapter 1 Summary: Edgedancer/Chapter_1#
- Oathbringer chapter 99 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_99#