|Abilities||Sand master, Worldhopper|
|Featured In||White Sand, The Stormlight Archive|
”You know a lot about war, dear man. Of course, that’s what you’re paid for!—Cynder to Baon
Baon travelled with Khrissalla, Cynder, and Jon Acron to Dayside. Cynder stated that Baon knows a lot about war. He carried multiple pistols and proved to be a proficient fighter as his group traveled to Kezare with Kenton. He followed Khriss everywhere and took orders from her, appearing to be her guard. When Baon recognized Loaten he drew his gun and asserted that the man is a traitor before Khriss commanded him to stand down.
”There’s something they don’t teach you in your university, duchess—the unlearned aren’t as stupid as you think.—Baon
Blunt was the nickname Ishikk assigned to Baon as he was hunting for Hoid at the Purelake on Roshar. He was tall and broad-shouldered, but lean and muscled, with hair that was short and dark. Ishikk believes the name he provided, Vao, is a false name, though it could be that Baon provided his actual name. Baon was accompanied by Galladon and Demoux. It seems likely that he is a member of the Seventeenth Shard, and if so it is possible that his master is the recipient of The Letter.
Baon wondered if there was something to the abilities that the Purelakers ascribed to their fish, but Galladon thought he had a tendency to believe in superstition. Baon also spoke Selan well.
Portrait by User: Botanicaxu
On White Sand Volume 1 cover by Julius Gopez
On White Sand Volume 2 cover by Julius Gopez
- Long before the concept of the Cosmere was developed, Baon appeared as Doram in the first story Brandon ever wrote.
- Baon was also previously called Bowen before the linguistics of Taldain were worked out.
- White Sand Volume 3 chapter 6 Summary: White Sand Volume 3/Chapter_6#
- Salt Lake City signing
— Arcanum - 2014-03-29#
- White Sand Volume 1 Summary: White Sand Volume 1/CHAPTERLESS#
- White Sand Volume 1 chapter 3 Summary: White Sand Volume 1/Chapter_3#
- White Sand Volume 1 chapter 4 Summary: White Sand Volume 1/Chapter_4#
- White Sand Volume 1 chapter 5 Summary: White Sand Volume 1/Chapter_5#
- The Way of Kings interlude I-1 Summary: The Way of Kings/Interlude_I-1#
- West Jordan signing
— Arcanum - 2011-08-04#
- West Jordan signing
— Arcanum - 2011-12-15#
- The Way of Kings chapter 26 epigraph Summary: The Way of Kings/Epigraphs/Chapter_26#
- Barnes & Noble B-Fest 2016
— Arcanum - 2016-06-11#
- It's Here
— Brandon's website - 2010-8-31Cite: BrandonSanderson.com/its-here-2#
|White Sand (Taldain)|
Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3
|Characters||Kenton · Khrissalla · Baon · Ais · Drile · Aarik · Praxton · Jon Acron · Cynder · Nilto · Traiben · Dirin · Gevalden · Heelis · Loaten|
|Places||Lossand · Kezare · Kerzta · Elis · Dynasty|
|Lifeforms||Sandling · Dorim vine · Tonk|
|Groups||Taishin · Diem · DaiKeen|
|Mythology and Lore||Autonomy · Ker'Reen Philosophy · Sand Lord|
|Shards||Ambition · Autonomy · Cultivation · Devotion · Dominion · Endowment · Honor · Odium · Preservation · Ruin · Survival Shard|
|Planets||Ashyn · Braize · First of the Sun · Nalthis · Obrodai · Roshar · Scadrial · Sel · Taldain · Threnody · Vax · Yolen|
|Terms||Adonalsium · Sliver · Splinter · Realmatic Theory · Investiture · Connection · Identity · Fortune · Intention · Perpendicularity · Spiritweb · Resonance|
|Worldhoppers||Hoid · Khriss · Nazh · Iyatil · Mraize · Vasher · Vivenna · Galladon · Demoux · Baon · Felt · Nightblood|
|Other||Seventeenth Shard · Ire · Shattering · Letters · Silverlight|