|Titles||Duchess of Elis|
|Featured In||White Sand, Mistborn|
Appearance and Personality
Khriss has brown skin, being from the Darkside of Taldain. She has brown eyes and wears her hair in braids. While on Dayside, Khriss wears a pair of dark, heavy sunglasses as she is unused to the sunlight of Dayside. She also wears a wide-brimmed hat to keep the sun's rays from her face. 
Khriss is a university-educated scholar and is extremely inquisitive. She seeks to understand and find scientific explanations for all that she can.
Portrait by User: Botanicaxu
On White Sand Volume 1 cover by Julius Gopez
On White Sand Volume 2 cover by Julius Gopez
On White Sand Volume 3 cover by Fritz Casas
Kelsier finding Khriss and Nazh by Ben McSweeney
Khriss working by Jazzy-kandra
Khriss and Nazh by Jazzy-kandra
Khriss portrait by Jazzy-kandra
With Nazh by User: Botanicaxu
Khriss was engaged for a time to Gevalden--or Gevin, as he preferred in informal settings--the Prince of Elis. Before their wedding, Gevalden traveled to Dayside in search of the mythical Sand Mages, where he disappeared and was presumed dead. Khriss, determined to seek out what her fiancé was trying to discover, traveled to Dayside with Baon, Cynder, and Jon Acron.
On Dayside, she discovered that Kenton, whom she'd met previously, was the newly appointed Lord Mastrell of the sand masters (or Sand Mages, as she'd previously referred to them). Though initially infuriated, she eventually chose to assist him in his mission to preserve the Diem. She continued to do so even following the news of her betrothed's supposed death  and attempted to research the mechanics of Sand Mastery.. Following the party at Lord Admiral's, she decided to try learning it herself, enlisting Kenton's help..
Khriss and Nazh were discovered by Kelsier in the Cognitive Realm of Scadrial. The pair enlightened Kelsier on how the events on Scadrial were affecting the Cosmere. They remained quite vague as to why they were there - although Khriss mentioned wanting to see what the death of a Shard looks like - or about other events elsewhere in the Cosmere that were unrelated to the current conflict. They left abruptly after Kelsier told them of his meeting with Drifter.
She later appeared at a party in New Seran in post-Catacendre Scadrial. There she stole a dance with Waxillium Ladrian and asked him questions about his powers and how they related to physics. She was also mentioned in a broadsheet ad, telling people who hear talking tools to contact Khriss and Nazh.
The mapmaker Nazh is in her employ. She commonly sends him out to procure maps, documents and other illustrations for her, particularly in high-risk environments.
During the events of White Sand, she is engaged to prince Gevalden of Elis. They appear to have been quite close, enough so that Khriss organized an expedition to find him on her own following his disappearance on Dayside.
- She would be mistaken for being a Makabaki on Roshar.
- Khriss was involved in the founding of a university in Silverlight.
- She knows more about the cosmere and its magics than even Hoid or Nazh.
- She is the author of the Ars Arcana.
- White Sand Volume 1 chapter 3 Summary: White Sand Volume 1/Chapter_3#
- White Sand Volume 1 chapter 5 Summary: White Sand Volume 1/Chapter_5#
- White Sand Volume 1 chapter 6 Summary: White Sand Volume 1/Chapter_6#
- White Sand Volume 2 chapter 1 Summary: White Sand Volume 2/Chapter_1#
- White Sand Volume 2 chapter 2 Summary: White Sand Volume 2/Chapter_2#
- White Sand Volume 2 chapter 5 Summary: White Sand Volume 2/Chapter_5#
- White Sand Volume 2 chapter 6 Summary: White Sand Volume 2/Chapter_6#
- Mistborn: Secret History part 3 chapter 2 Summary: Mistborn: Secret History/Part_3_Chapter_2#
- The Bands of Mourning chapter 12 Summary: The Bands of Mourning/Chapter_12#
- The New Ascendancy
- Manchester signing
— Arcanum - 2014-08-06#
- The Way of Kings interlude I-1 Summary: The Way of Kings/Interlude_I-1#
- Baon, who has the same skin tone as Khriss, was seen by Ishikk as Makabaki. Therefore it follows that he would think the same of Khriss.
- Oathbringer San Francisco signing
— Arcanum - 2017-11-15#
- Words of Radiance Houston signing
— Arcanum - 2014-03-11#
- General Reddit 2016
— Arcanum - 2016-06-16#
|White Sand (Taldain)|
Volume 1 · Volume 2 · Volume 3
|Characters||Kenton · Khrissalla · Baon · Ais · Drile · Aarik · Praxton · Jon Acron · Cynder · Nilto · Dirin · Gevalden · Heelis · Delius · Vey · N'Teese · Sharezan|
|Places||Lossand · Kezare · Kerzta · Elis · Dynasty · Lraezare · Kerla|
|Lifeforms||Sandling · Dorim vine · Tonk|
|Groups||Taishin · Diem · DaiKeen|
|Mythology and Lore||Autonomy · Ker'Reen Philosophy · Sand Lord|
|Shards||Ambition · Autonomy · Cultivation · Devotion · Dominion · Endowment · Harmony · Honor · Odium · Preservation · Ruin · Survival Shard|
|Planets||Ashyn · Braize · First of the Sun · Nalthis · Obrodai · Roshar · Scadrial · Sel · Taldain · Threnody · Vax · Yolen|
|Terms||Adonalsium · Sliver · Splinter · Realmatic Theory · Investiture · Connection · Identity · Fortune · Intention · Perpendicularity · Spiritweb · Resonance|
|Worldhoppers||Hoid · Khriss · Nazh · Iyatil · Mraize · Vasher · Vivenna · Galladon · Demoux · Baon · Felt · Nightblood|
|Other||Seventeenth Shard · Ire · Shattering · Letters · Silverlight|