This page or section contains spoilers for Oathbringer
This information has the ability to potentially ruin elements of the plot for the reader. Proceed with caution if you have not read this book.
Endowment is a Shard of Adonalsium. It is the only Shard on Nalthis. Endowment's Vessel is a woman named Edgli.
Endowment is related to Awakening, which makes sense given its intent, that Endowment's magic would be to endow Breath to another.
Endowment is responsible for the Returned. The Returneds' "divine Breath" is a Splinter of Endowment.
- She is fine with her Breath being used to feed the Returned.
Theories and Speculation
This page or section deals with theories or speculation.
Please read carefully and note that this is not necessarily canonical.
The Tears of Edgli
The Tears of Edgli, a flower in Hallandren, is related to Endowment somehow. It is thought that perhaps the Tears are Endowment's Physical aspect, as atium is to Ruin or lerasium is to Preservation, but this has been consistently RAFO'd.
Letters to Hoid
By process of elimination, it is likely that Endowment is the author of the first of the three letters written to Hoid by various Shards, as she is one of the two remaining candidates who is not already dead.
- ↑ a b Is Edgli Endowment's holder?
— 17th Shard forums - Dec 23rd, 2015#
- ↑ a b The Voice is, indeed, one of the Shards of Adonalsium
— Theoryland - Jul, 2009#
- ↑ There's just the one system in Warbreaker, and it's also a world with only one Shard on it
— Theoryland - Nov 8th, 2011#
- ↑ Endowment is female.
— 17th Shard forums - Oct 6th, 2015#
- ↑ It's what we speak of in Shard world terminology as a Splinter
— Theoryland - Jan 18th, 2010#
- ↑ Leipzig Book Fair
— Arcanum - 2017-3-24#
- ↑ Is Edgli Endowment?
— Theoryland - May, 2010#
- ↑ Oathbringer's letters are from Shards we know.
— 17th Shard forums - 2017-11-19#
- ↑ Can you drop a hint about which Shard authored the first of the letters to Hoid shown in the part 2 epigraphs [of Oathbringer]?
— Arcanum - Nov. 18, 2017#
This article is a stub. Please help The Coppermind by expanding it