|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
A shardhammer, also known as a warhammer is an enormous battle hammer that can only be wielded by someone in Shardplate. Contrary to what it's name might suggest, it is not an ancient magical weapon like Shardplate or a Shardblade, but rather, a more modern creation. Dalinar's warhammer is described as having a haft as "thick as a man's wrist" with the front of the head being larger than a man's fist. It could barely be lifted by two men and was carried on a cart. A Shardbearer's hammer is a common weapon for someone who owns a set of plate, but no Shardblade.
Dalinar used his warhammer to dig a latrine ditch as he contemplated stepping down as Highprince. 
Sadeas recalls an incident one year after the assassination of Galivar in which he slaughtered a large number of Parshendi with only his hammer.
During Kaladin's final battle with Szeth, Syl momentarily takes the form of a hammer. As it has been established that Shardblades are actually spren, and Syl becomes a true Shardblade in Kaladin's hand, it follows that what Kaladin wields here is an actual Shardhammer.
- The Way of Kings chapter 28 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_28#
- Words of Radiance chapter 26 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_26#
- Words of Radiance chapter 29 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_29#
- Words of Radiance chapter 51 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_51#
- Words of Radiance chapter 12 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_12#
- Words of Radiance chapter 56 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_56#
- Words of Radiance chapter 86 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_86#