|Profession||Drill sergeant in Amaram's army|
|Groups||Amaram's army, Takers|
|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
”Care. The key to fighting isn't lack of passion, it's controlled passion. Care about winning. Care about those you defend. You have to care about something.— Tukks
He trained Kaladin in Brightlord Amarams army. He was most notable for teaching Kaladin that it is okay to feel emotion in the midst of battle. A lesson that he does not understand at first but later begins to understand as the difference between retaining your humanity and becoming a murderer. This lesson was also the first lesson that Kaladin teaches Bridge Four.
The first step is to care. Some talk about being emotionless in battle. Well, I suppose it's important to keep your head. But I hate that feeling of killing while calm and cold. I've seen that those who care fight harder, longer, and better than those who don't. It's the difference between mercenaries and real soldiers. It's the difference between fighting to defend your homeland and fighting on foreign soil.
It's good to care when you fight, so long as you don't let it consume you. Don't try to stop yourself from feeling. You'll hate who you become. ”
- The Way of Kings chapter 2 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_2#
- The Way of Kings chapter 32 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_32#
- The Way of Kings chapter 49 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_49#
- The Way of Kings chapter 43 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_43#
- The Way of Kings chapter 67 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_67#
- The Way of Kings chapter 27 Summary: The Way of Kings/Chapter_27#