|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
Hessi is a scholar and author on Roshar. She is the author of Mythica, a work which investigates historical information about the Unmade and explores their characteristics. Selections from Mythica are used as the epigraphs for part four of Oathbringer.
Hessi was presumably alive in Roshar during the arrival of the Everstorm; she was a contemporary of Jasnah Kholin and Shallan Davar mentioned that Mythica was a recent work. Shallan told Adolin and Kaladin about some of Hessi's controversial hypotheses in the book, noting that Mythica was poorly received and was hard to find. Hessi herself knew that aspects of Mythica would be contentious, such as her assertions that the Unmade were still alive and that Moelach was responsible for Death Rattles. Subsequent events proved Hessi to be correct on a number of occasions, indicating that Hessi is a gifted researcher, as she was apparently able to meet the challenge of separating fact from fiction in the many tales and stories about the Unmade.
- Oathbringer chapter 77 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_77#
- Oathbringer - #Hessi's Mythica epigraphs Summary: Oathbringer/Epigraphs/#Hessi's Mythica#
- Oathbringer chapter 93 epigraph Summary: Oathbringer/Epigraphs/Chapter_93#
- Oathbringer chapter 92 epigraph Summary: Oathbringer/Epigraphs/Chapter_92#
- Oathbringer chapter 103 epigraph Summary: Oathbringer/Epigraphs/Chapter_103#
- Oathbringer chapter 90 epigraph Summary: Oathbringer/Epigraphs/Chapter_90#
Big Smooth (talk) 21:21, 26 November 2019 (UTC)