|Featured In||Mistborn Era 1|
”Khlennium, that great city of wonder.
Khlennium was both a city and a kingdom of importance during the classical era on Scadrial. It was a cosmopolitan hub, and eventually came to be ruled by Alendi. Its fate after the Ascension of Rashek was unclear. However, he appropriated elements of Khlenni culture — such as their architecture, fashion and inventions like pocket watches — in building the Final Empire.
During the classical era on Scadrial, Khlennium's location was relatively central — between the isles in the South and the Terris hills in the North, and between the great nations to the east and the fiery empire of the West. The lands of Khlennium are mostly flat without mountains, and look dreary.
As no further record of Khlennium's existence is given during the Final Empire, it is possible that the kingdom lay in what became an uninhabitable area after the Ascension of Rashek since lands too far south of Scadrial's north pole became too hot to live.[note 1]
Khlennium was once a city and kingdom of great importance. It eventually came to be ruled by Alendi, possibly by marrying the previous king's daughter as he was presumed to be the Hero of Ages. During a decade under his leadership, Khlennium united with several nations (including Terris) through both diplomacy and conquest, creating a general force of unity to combat the growing threat of the Deepness.
In an attempt to save Khlennium from the Deepness, Alendi departed on an expedition to the Well of Ascension in Terris. However, he was killed by Rashek before reaching it, who then took the Well's power for himself and subsequently changed the planet.
It had marvelous architecture — magnificent cathedrals, stained glass windows, broad halls. Their architectural and civil engineering prowess allowed them to build grand structures and cities, and among its monuments was the great Khlenni library. They also had technological innovations, such as pocket watches, as well as their own language — their word for the Hero of Ages was Rabzeen.
The Khlenni were viewed as oppressors by the Terris. However, many young Terrismen adopted Khlenni fashion, rather than their furs, while in the cities. Men wore tailored gentlemen’s suits; ladies wore gowns..
- The Final Empire chapter 16 epigraph Summary: The Final Empire/Epigraphs/Chapter_16#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 26 epigraph Summary: The Hero of Ages/Epigraphs/Chapter_26#
- The Final Empire chapter 12 epigraph Summary: The Final Empire/Epigraphs/Chapter_12#
- The Final Empire chapter 3 epigraph Summary: The Final Empire/Epigraphs/Chapter_3#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 12 epigraph Summary: The Hero of Ages/Epigraphs/Chapter_12#
- The Hero of Ages Annotations
— Arcanum - 2010-05-04#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 21 epigraph Summary: The Well of Ascension/Epigraphs/Chapter_21#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 30 epigraph Summary: The Well of Ascension/Epigraphs/Chapter_30#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 9 epigraph Summary: The Well of Ascension/Epigraphs/Chapter_9#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 23 epigraph Summary: The Well of Ascension/Epigraphs/Chapter_23#
- The Final Empire chapter 10 epigraph Summary: The Final Empire/Epigraphs/Chapter_10#
- The Final Empire chapter 1 epigraph Summary: The Final Empire/Epigraphs/Chapter_1#
- The Final Empire chapter 5 epigraph Summary: The Final Empire/Epigraphs/Chapter_5#
- The Final Empire chapter 6 epigraph Summary: The Final Empire/Epigraphs/Chapter_6#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 9 epigraph Summary: The Hero of Ages/Epigraphs/Chapter_9#
- /r/books AMA 2015
— Arcanum - 2015-06-23#
- The Final Empire chapter 15 Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_15#
- The Final Empire chapter 16 Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_16#
- The Final Empire chapter 19 epigraph Summary: The Final Empire/Epigraphs/Chapter_19#
- The Final Empire chapter 32 Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_32#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 28 epigraph Summary: The Hero of Ages/Epigraphs/Chapter_28#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 29 epigraph Summary: The Hero of Ages/Epigraphs/Chapter_29#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 12 epigraph Summary: The Well of Ascension/Epigraphs/Chapter_12#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 53 epigraph Summary: The Well of Ascension/Epigraphs/Chapter_53#
- The Final Empire chapter 32 epigraph Summary: The Final Empire/Epigraphs/Chapter_32#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 45 Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_45#
It has yet to be reviewed.
|Mistborn Era 1|
The Final Empire · The Well of Ascension · The Hero of Ages
|Characters||Vin · Kelsier · Sazed · Elend Venture · Marsh · Spook · Breeze · Ham · Clubs · Dockson · Straff Venture · Zane · Ashweather Cett · Tindwyl · Allrianne Cett · TenSoon · Yomen · Quellion · The Lord Ruler · Alendi · Kwaan|
|Places||Final Empire · The Dominances · Luthadel · Kredik Shaw · Pits of Hathsin · Kandra Homeland · Urteau · Fadrex City · Tathingdwen|
|Ethnicities and Species||Skaa · Nobles · Terrismen · Inquisitors · Koloss · Kandra · Mistwraiths · Southern Scadrians|
|Organizations||Skaa rebellion · Steel Ministry · Keepers (the Synod) · Worldbringers · Noble Houses|
|Mythology||The Deepness · Terris Prophecies · Well of Ascension|
|Era 1 books||Mistborn: The Final Empire · The Well of Ascension · The Hero of Ages · (Mistborn: Secret History · The Eleventh Metal)|
|Era 2 books||The Alloy of Law · Shadows of Self · The Bands of Mourning · The Lost Metal · (Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania)|
|Shards||Preservation · Ruin · Harmony|
|History||Classical Scadrial · Final Empire · Catacendre · Elendel · Southern Scadrian|
|Magic||Metallic Arts (Allomancy, Feruchemy, Hemalurgy) · Metalborn · Mistborn · Misting · Savant · Ferring · Twinborn · Compounding · Atium · Lerasium · Ettmetal|
|Other Media||Mistborn Adventure Game · Mistborn: Birthright · Mistborn film · Mistborn: House War|