Words of Radiance/Timeline
From The Coppermind
Chapter timestamps of "XXX years ago" or "XXX and a half years ago" can generally be assumed to be accurate within a quarter of a year, this has been denoted in the table.
|?||?||WoR-Prologue||King Gavilar is assassinated.|||
|?||?||WoR-10||Shallan kills her mother.|||
|?||?||WoR-19||Helaran visits, reveals Shardblade, and threatens his father. Shallan speaks for the first time since her mother's death.|| |
|?||?||WoR-27||Shallan sees the strongbox where her mother's "soul" is hidden.|||
|?||?||WoR-39||Redin interrupts a feast and interrogates Lin Davar.|||
|~1170||~5/6||?||?||WoR-45||Shallan meets Hoid during Middlefest.|||
|?||?||WoR-48||Shallan saves Jushu from his gambling debts.|| |
|?||?||WoR-61, WoR-65||Lin confronts Balat over his planned bride, then order's Helaran's assassination. Shallan convinces Balat to run away.|| |
|10||~7/8||?||WoR-73||Shallan kills her father.|| |
|1173||9||6||5||WoR-1, WoR-2||Highstorm|| |
|3||WoR-3||Shallan draws Pattern|||
|8||1||WoR-4||Highstorm. First instance of the countdown.|| |
|2||WoR-5||Dalinar gives permission to Adolin to begin dueling again, announces he wants to re-found the Knights Radiant.|||
|3||WoR-6, WoR-7, WoR-8||Wind's Pleasure is attacked. Dalinar goes on plateau run.|| |
|4||WoR-9, WoR-11, WoR-12||Shallan washes ashore. Amaram arrives on the Shattered Plains.|| |
|5||WoR-11, WoR-13||Shallan joins Tvlakv's caravan.|||
|5||WoR-14, WoR-15||Adolin duels using Ironstance. Shallan confronts Tvlakv.||  |
|10||1||WoR-16, WoR-17, WoR-18, WoR-20, WoR-21, WoR-22, WoR-23||Highstorm. Renarin begins training, Shallan recruits the deserters and saves the merchants. Railing assassination attempt.||     |
|5||WoR-24, WoR-25||Shallan starts to train with Tyn. Bridge Four starts learning to ride horses||  |
|3||WoR-28||Shallan and Kaladin meet. Boots!|| |
|4||WoR-30||Shallan draws Yalb and Shalash drawings, discusses betrothal with Tyn, and investigates lait.|||
|5||WoR-31, WoR-32, WoR-33, WoR-34, WoR-I-5, WoR-I-6, WoR-I-8||Meeting between Alethi and Parshendi arranged. Highstorm. Eshonai enters stormform, Szeth attacks, Shallan kills Tyn.||    |
|3||1||WoR-35, WoR-36, WoR-37, WoR-38, WoR-40, WoR-41, WoR-42, WoR-43||Shallan enters the warcamps. Adolin arranges duel with Elit. Kaladin learns to bind Gravitation, and that Moash was complicit in the railing assassination attempt. Renarin joins Bridge Four. Shallan meets with the Ghostbloods for the first time.||    |
|5||WoR-46||Kaladin and Moash meet with Graves|||
|4||1||WoR-47, WoR-49, WoR-50||Pattern decodes the Dawnchant. Shallan experiments with Lightweaving. Shallan and Adolin have a date watching a Highstorm approach.||  |
|2||WoR-51, WoR-52||Adolin meets with Eshonai. Shallan infiltrates Amaram's manor. Kaladin trains in the Surge of Gravitation.||   |
|3||WoR-53, WoR-54||Adolin duels Elit. Shallan reports on her infiltration of Amaram's manor to the Ghostbloods.||   |
|4||WoR-55||Adolin, Shallan, and Kaladin go to the menagerie. Hoid.|||
|5||WoR-56, WoR-57, WoR-58||Adolin duels the four Shardbearers. Kaladin is thrown in prison.|| |
|3||WoR-59||Adolin imprisons himself. Wit visits Kaladin in prison, telling the Fleet story.|||
|6||1||WoR-I-11, WoR-60||Eshonai seizes control from the Five. Shallan figures out Stormseat is located on the Shattered Plains, and how to attach illusions to Pattern.||  |
|4||WoR-62||Dalinar visits Kaladin in prison.|||
|5||WoR-63, WoR-64||Shallan meets "Taln".|||
|4||WoR-66||Kaladin is released. Moash begins bonding a Shardblade.|||
|2||WoR-67||Dalinar's visions are made public.|||
|3||WoR-68, WoR-69, WoR-70||Scouting expedition out onto the Plains. Shallan and Kaladin fall into the chasms. They are chased by a chasmfiend.||  |
|4||WoR-70, WoR-71, WoR-72, WoR-74||Kaladin and Shallan slay chasmfiend. During Highstorm Stormfather confronts Kaladin over Syl's death.||  |
|5||WoR-75, WoR-76, WoR-77||Kaladin and Shallan emerge from the chasms. Dalinar's expedition leaves. Amaram's treachery is revealed.|| |
|9||1||WoR-77||The Weeping begins. Shallan reads Words of Radiance. Moash visits Kaladin.|||
|4||WoR-78||Shallan reveals her Lightweaving to Dalinar. Stormform patrol is discovered. Rlain surrenders.|| |
|5||WoR-79||Rlain is questioned.|| |
|2||WoR-80||Dalinar, the other Highprinces, and Shallan discuss their plan of attack. Elhokar meets with Kaladin.|| |
|3||WoR-81, WoR-82, WoR-83, WoR-84, WoR-85, WoR-86, WoR-87, WoR-88||Battle of Narak and summoning of the Everstorm. The Stormfather hastens a Highstorm. Urithiru is rediscovered. Kaladin thwarts assassination attempt on Elhokar.|||
|1174||1||1||1||Lightday. Navani begins her entries in her journal.|
|3||WoR-89||Dalinar swears the second ideal of the Bondsmiths. Renarin reveals he is a Truthwatcher.|| |
Chapters not included:
- Original decryption of the timeline
— 17th Shard forums - Mar 11th, 2014#
- Peter commenting on chapter timestamps
— 17th Shard forums - Jan 27th, 2014#
- WoR-Prologue is labeled "Six years ago" from circa Tanat 1173.
- WoR-10 is labeled "Six years ago" from circa Tanat 1173.
- WoR-19 is labeled "Five and a half years ago from circa Tanat 1173.
- In WoR-19 one of the House Davar maids mention it has been five months since Shallan's mother's death.
- WoR-27 is labeled "Five years ago from circa Tanat 1173.
- WoR-39 is labeled "Four years ago from circa Ishi 1173.
- WoR-45 is labeled "Three and a half years ago from circa Ishi 1173.
- WoR-48 is labeled "Three years ago from circa Ishi 1173.
- In WoR-48 it is mentioned Shallan hit her teens "precisely fifteen months" previous.
- WoR-61 and WoR-65 are labeled "One and a half years ago from circa Ishi 1173.
- In WoR-65 Shallan mentions that it has been two hours since the end of WoR-61.
- WoR-73 is labeled "One year ago from circa Ishi 1173.
- In WoR-73 it says "...a highstorm was approaching. The last one before the Weeping."
- WoR-88 Epigraph lists dates for the final 10 highstorms leading up to the summoning of the Everstorm, as confirmed by the intervals between the countdown messages. #
- The highstorm in WoK-75 takes place after midnight the day after the Battle of the Tower. WoR-1 and WoR-2 take place later that morning.
- In WoR-6 Shallan mentions that after drawing Pattern she initially tried to keep him hidden in her cabin but that for the previous 4 days she'd been with him on deck.
- First countdown message is discovered: "Sixty-two days. Death follows."
- In WoR-5 Kaladin mentions "the strange break-in at Dalinar's quarters yesterday."
- In WoR-6 Shallan mentions a highstorm "two days back".
- In WoR-8 Dalinar mentions that there are now only 60 days left.
- In WoR-11 Shallan falls asleep and wakes up the following morning.
- In WoR-16 it says it has been seven days since Amaram's arrival.
- In WoR-16 it is mentioned that the Ironstance duel was the previous day.
- In WoR-15 Shallan says she has been traveling with Tvlakv's caravan for six days.
- In WoR-17 Shallan mentions her confrontation with Tvlakv was the previous night.
- In WoR-17 Shallan refers to a highstorm that night.
- In WoR-18 Kaladin refers to a highstorm that night.
- Third countdown message is discovered: "Forty-nine days. A new storm comes."
- In WoR-24 Shallan says she has been traveling with the deserters for four days.
- In WoR-24 Shallan mentions a highstorm last night.
- In WoR-25 Kaladin mentions it has been four days since the night of the railing assassination attempt.
- In WoR-28 Shallan estimates they are about a day and a half out from the Shattered Plains.
- In WoR-36 Shallan says she met Kaladin "two days out from the Shattered Plains".
- In WoR-30 Shallan estimates that they are about a day out from the Shattered Plains.
- Fourth countdown message is discovered: "Thirty-eight days. The end of all nations."
- In WoR-31 it says there is a highstorm that night.
- In WoR-35 it says Szeth attacked the previous night.
- In WoR-I-5 Thude says a meeting with the Alethi has been arranged in seven days.
- In WoR-37 Adolin arranges to duel Elit in seven days, on Chachel.
- In WoR-41 it says "Thirty-seven days" remain.
- In WoR-43 Mraize orders Shallan to infiltrate Amaram's manor and report back "next week on Chachel".
- In WoR-52 Syl mentions "It's been two days" since Kaladin met Graves.
- Fifth countdown message is discovered: "Thirty-two days. Seek the center."
- In WoR-50 Adolin mentions that the meeting with the Parshendi is scheduled for the following day.
- In WoR-52 it mentions "the previous day's highstorm".
- In WoR-53 Relis arranges the full disadvantage duel to be in two days.
- In WoR-53 Shallan arranges a "date" for the following day.
- In WoR-54 Shallan mentions she is running late after spending too much time with Adolin following his duel with Elit.
- In WoR-59 it says it is the "...third day of [Kaladin's] imprisonment..."
- In WoR-I-11 Eshonai says "She had held [storm]form for fifteen [full] days now..."
- In WoR-I-11 Eshonai says "In two days, I will take any who wish to go into the storm..."
- In WoR-60 Pattern implies it is Jesel.
- In WoR-62 it says "There'd been a highstorm yesterday..."
- In WoR-63 Adolin mentions Dalinar visited him the previous night, presumably around the same time he visited Kaladin.
- In WoR-68 it says Moash only has one more day until his Shardblade is bonded.
- In WoR-67 it says "Eleven days" remain.
- In WoR-69 it says the last highstorm before the Weepings is "Tomorrow night... Just after first moonset."
- In WoR-70 Kaladin and Shallan sleep during part of the night.
- In WoR-71 it says "They had seven hours until the highstorm..."
- In WoR-75 it mentions "Last night's highstorm was the final one of the season. Sometime tomorrow, the Weeping would begin."
- In WoR-76 it says "The Weeping...would roll in sometime tomorrow."
- In WoR-77 it says "The Weeping began."
- In WoR-78 it says it is "Four days into the Weeping..."
- In WoR-79 it says "It was the day after they’d discovered the Parshendi on the Plains..."
- In WoR-79 Navani mentions that the countdown ends three days from then. Which is also three days before Lightday, i.e. the first day of the new year.
- In WoR-80 it says they are now on the "eighth day of the expedition".
- In WoR-80 Dalinar says "Tomorrow is the last day of the countdown."
- In WoR-89 it says "A week had passed since they had arrived at this place..."
- In WoR-89 it says "Five days of exploration had sent Adolin and Navani into the depths of the city-tower."