Zinc is the external mental pulling metal. An Allomancer burning zinc is able to inflame the emotions of those around them. It can be targeted at a single person or a group. A Feruchemist can use zinc to store mental speed. When used as a Hemalurgic spike, zinc steals emotional fortitude.
A zinc Misting is known as a Rioter, or Zinc Counselor. Emotional Allomancy is not mind control, but it does allow the practitioner to influence the emotions of those around them. The effects can be targeted at a specific individual or group and can focus on specific emotions. Rioting emotions can be used to increase someone's desire, determination, or anger. It can accomplish many of the same things as Soothing emotions by Rioting all but the specified emotions. Extreme emotions in the target will interfere with emotional Allomancy. Emotional Allomancy can affect animals, however it requires a certain amount of sapience. Emotional Allomancy also has a more compelling effect on Lifeless compared to a regular person.
Very powerful Rioting can put a Hemalurgic creature under complete control of the Rioter, and once controlled, the Rioting is no longer required. This can either be achieved by a solitary Mistborn or Hemalurgist burning duralumin and zinc together, a combination of a Nicroburst and a Rioter, or a group of Rioters and/or Soothers, though in the early days of Final Empire, when Allomancy was much more powerful, a single Rioter was able to do it.
After the Catacendre, it is unlawful for a business to use Rioters to influence customers. This was one of the provisions of the Allomantic Agreement of '94. There is evidence of consensual emotional counselling.
A zinc Ferring is known as a Sparker. Zinc is used to store mental speed. It allows the Sparker to think very quickly and come to conclusions faster. While filling a zincmind, the Sparker will be dull-witted and slow. Storing does not affect the Sparker's ability to process physical information, such as being able to hear when they are spoken to.
The kandra can use a pair of these spikes as a Blessing and call them the Blessing of Stability. Like all kandra Blessings, the Blessing gives the mistwraiths sentience, with the added benefit of emotional stability.
- The Alloy of Law chapter 2 Summary: The Alloy of Law/Chapter_2#
- The Alloy of Law Ars Arcanum Summary: The Alloy of Law/Ars Arcanum#
- Annotation for The Hero of Ages chapter 70 Cite: Annotation/The Hero of Ages/70#
— Arcanum - 2016-09-08#
- ICon 2019
— Arcanum - 2019-10-15#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 54 Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_54#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 3 Summary: The Hero of Ages/Chapter_3#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 21 epigraph Summary: The Hero of Ages/Epigraphs/Chapter_21#
- Shadows of Self chapter 14 Summary: Shadows of Self/Chapter_14#
- The Alloy of Law chapter ars Summary: The Alloy of Law/Chapter_ars#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 50 Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_50#
- The Hero of Ages chapter ars Summary: The Hero of Ages/Chapter_ars#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 38 epigraph Summary: The Hero of Ages/Epigraphs/Chapter_38#
- Shadows of Self chapter 5 Summary: Shadows of Self/Chapter_5#
- Mistborn: Secret History part 1 chapter 1 Summary: Mistborn: Secret History/Part_1_Chapter_1#
|The Metallic Arts|
|Arts||Allomancy · Feruchemy · Hemalurgy|
|Concepts||Metalborn · Snapping · Savants · Metalminds · Twinborn · Compounding · Blessings|
|Constructs||Steel Inquisitors · Koloss · Kandra · Chimeras|
|Base Metals||Iron · Steel · Tin · Pewter · Zinc · Brass · Copper · Bronze · Cadmium · Bendalloy · Gold · Electrum · Chromium · Nicrosil · Aluminum · Duralumin|
|God Metals||Atium (Malatium) · Lerasium · Ettmetal · Trellium|
|Era 1 books||Mistborn: The Final Empire · The Well of Ascension · The Hero of Ages · (Mistborn: Secret History · The Eleventh Metal)|
|Era 2 books||The Alloy of Law · Shadows of Self · The Bands of Mourning · The Lost Metal · (Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania)|
|Shards||Preservation · Ruin · Harmony|
|History||Classical Scadrial · Final Empire · Catacendre · Elendel · Southern Scadrian|
|Magic||Metallic Arts (Allomancy, Feruchemy, Hemalurgy) · Metalborn · Mistborn · Misting · Savant · Ferring · Twinborn · Compounding · Atium · Lerasium · Ettmetal|
|Other Media||Mistborn Adventure Game · Mistborn: Birthright · Mistborn film · Mistborn: House War|