The Coppermind has spoilers for all of Brandon's published works, now including Tress of the Emerald Sea and The Frugal Wizard's Handbook for Surviving Medieval England (Secret Projects One and Two). Information about books that have not yet been released, like the other secret novels releasing in 2023 and Stormlight 5, is allowed only on meta-pages for the books themselves. For more details, see our spoiler policy. To view an earlier version of the wiki without spoilers for a book, go to the Time Machine!
|Featured In||White Sand|
The Taldain system is the planetary system that contains Taldain. It is a binary system consisting of one large star and a secondary smaller star. The smaller, a relatively dim white dwarf, is surrounded by a dense cloud of particles known as the Particulate Ring. The larger, a blue-white supergiant, plays an important role in the means by which Taldain is Invested by Autonomy. The positioning of the system was intentionally designed by someone, presumably Autonomy.
- Taldain is the sole planet inhabiting the Taldain system. It is tidally locked and located at a Lagrange point such that Dayside always faces the larger star while Darkside always faces the smaller, weak star, which is obscured by the Particulate Ring. It is in an unstable orbit known as "Wombear's Saddle", where it is kept from ever entering into its natural stable orbit by the gravity of Ridos, and by some other, unknown force, presumably Autonomy. A single moon, Nizh Da, is in a polar orbit around the planet.
- The Eye of Ridos
- A relatively faint white dwarf surrounded by a particulate ring. Sometimes shortened to simply Ridos. It sends out weekly pulses of light and Investiture through the particulate ring, which Invests the Starcarved.
- ↑ a b c d Arcanum Unbounded - The Taldain SystemSummary: Arcanum Unbounded/The_Taldain_System#
- ↑ Leipzig Book Fair
— Arcanum - 2017-03-24Cite: Arcanum-3343#
- ↑ Arcanum Unbounded San Francisco signing
— Arcanum - 2016-11-30Cite: Arcanum-2765#
- ↑ a b c d White Sand Ars ArcanumSummary: White Sand/Ars Arcanum#
|Shards||Ambition · Autonomy · Cultivation · Devotion · Dominion · Endowment · Harmony · Honor · Invention · Mercy · Odium · Preservation · Ruin · Valor · Whimsy · Survival Shard|
|Planets||Ashyn · Braize · First of the Sun · Nalthis · Obrodai · Roshar · Scadrial · Sel · Taldain · Threnody · Vax · Yolen|
|Terms||Adonalsium · Sliver · Splinter · Realmatic Theory · Investiture · Connection · Identity · Fortune · Intention · Initiation · Perpendicularity · Worldhopper · Spiritweb · Resonance · Axon|
|Other||Hoid · Khriss · Seventeenth Shard · Ire · Shattering · Letters · Silverlight|