by Haley Lazo
|Related to||Smedry Talent|
|Featured In||Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (series)|
Silimatic technologies use glass made from different types of sand to produce differing effects. Silimatic glasses can be used by anyone, but lenses can only be used by Oculators. Alcatraz Smedry has drawn parallels between Silimatic technologies and Smedry Talents in the past. He has also been able to increase the power of various Silimatic technologies.
All types of Silimatic technology is made originally out of sand.
- Bright Sand
- Bright Sand is one of the most common types of sand. It lets off a glow that causes other types of sand, or glass, to do strange things. Bright sand powers most silamatic technology.
- Dull sand
- Dull Sand is one of the only types of sand that don't do anything. The librarians have gone to great lengths to cover beaches in it to make sand seem common and boring, and thus of little value.
- The Sands of Rashid
- The sands of Rashid, among the rarest of known sands, can be used to make translator's lenses. The Sands of Rashid were promised as an inheritance to Alcatraz Smedry upon his birth by his father, and were delivered to him on his thirteenth birthday. Before this, it was believed to be impossible to gather enough sand to forge Rashid lenses.
Types of glass include the following:
- Alivener's glass
- Create Alivened, by storing part of a dark oculator's humanity, thus making the dark oculator less humane in the process.
- Builder's Glass
- Communicator's Glass
- When broken in half, allows communication between the two pieces for 20 days. Usually, both halves must be activated in order to allow for communication.. In extreme cases, this glass can communicate one way with ordinary glass, and it can also be set to transmit one way.
- Defender's Glass
- Protects structures inside it. Extremely strong.
- Detonator's Glass
- Explodes. Can be set to go off within a certain area. 
- Enforcer's Glass
- Expander's Glass
- Allows the inside of a structure or object built with it to be bigger than the outside. Deep lavender in color. Very difficult to break, even with a Talent.
- Grappler's Glass
- Clings to other surfaces, influencing gravity--used on the bottoms of boots to enable people to walk up surfaces. It supports the whole body instead of only fixing the foot in place. Often used by Alcatraz to walk on Silimatic vehicles such as the Hawkwind and Dragonaut.
- Inhibitor's Glass
- Stops those touching it from using Silimatic technology or Smedry Talents. It may have been used by librarians to stop messaging to and from tuki tuki.
- Illuminator's Glass
- The fan-given name of the glass used to illuminate the trunk of clothes Alcatraz was trying on. 
- Messenger's Glass
- Orientation Glass
- Influences the direction of gravity. Used inside vehicles that might get up-side-down.
- Protective Glass
- Emits a protective feild capable of stopping a full Crystin punch. The exact name of this glass type is unknown.
- Rebuilder's Glass
- Recognizer's Glass
- Reinforcer's Glass
- Restoring Glass
- Easily shatters at the touch of an Oculator, but restores itself when the Oculator moves away from it. Incredibly strong otherwise. Black in color.
- Sentinel's Glass
- Shielder's Glass
- Snarer's Glass
- Used for traps, however, each square can only go off once.
- Transporter's Glass
- Used in pairs and when activated at the exact same time, swaps two objects that has exactly same size instantly, usually glass boxes, between two places. If more than two identically sized transporter's boxes are activated, the occupants would be killed.
- A type of glass used to warn of librarian illusions in the penguinator's cockpit.
Lenses are only usable by Oculators, unless they are forged in the blood of an Oculator, such as the ones used by the Scrivener's Bones. Dark Oculators sometimes use a monocle instead of the classic glasses shape, in order to focus the lens' power. Powerful oculators can use different lenses in each eye, and exceptionally skilled oculators can push power through multiple sets of lenses, up to 7 or 8, causing them to hover in front of one another. The oculator can choose between using all of them at once, or firing off alternating blasts of power. 
- Bestower's Lenses
- Allows you to temporarily give someone an attribute of yours, such as strength, feelings, hunger, injuries, talents, Smedry Talents, etc. They are tinted green and purple.
- Concussor's Lens
- Shoots a beam of light which smashes into a target, knocking them back and rendering them unconscious for a few hours. This lens is used by Attica smedry in his infiltration of the highbrary. The tint is currently unknown.
- Courier's Lenses
- Allow short-range communication between two Oculators when both are wearing them; however, Alcatraz managed to extend that range by pushing more power into the Lenses. The user mentally hears the voice of the other Oculator and sees a hologram of their upper body. They are generally tinted baby blue.
- Discerner's Lenses
- Tell the wearer how old something is in the form of a glow that grows duller the older the object is.Their tint is unknown.
- Disguisers Lenses
- Allow the wearer to look like anything they want, but the lenses are visible within the disguise. They are tinted lavender. The highbrary dome causes anyone using disguiser's lenses to glow.
- Educator's Lenses
- When worn, time slows for the wearer. Unknown tint.
- Firebringer's Lenses
- When switched on, which only takes a small amount of concentration or power, these powerful lenses gather the light around them and shoot it out in concentrated beams. They are clear with a dot of red at the center of each lense.
- Frostbringer's Lenses
- A Lens that is essentially the opposite of the Firebringers Lens, this Lens can direct a beam of frost at the target. This Lens is used by the Scrivener Bones.
- Harrier's Lenses
- Magnify the pain of someone you focus on. Their tint is unknown.
- Oculator's Lenses
- Allow Oculators to see/sense Oculations or, more generally, show you things that you need to see. They can also be used to counter another Oculators' attack. They have a red or pink tint.
- Oracle's Lenses
- Those lenses allowed the user to glimpse into the future. Attica Smedry used them to foresee where Alcatraz will be living on his 13th birthday.Their tint is unknown.
- Shamefiller's Lenses
- Can make any object, living or non-living, so embarrassed that they explode. The user hears the embarrassing thoughts of the target in their mind before the explosion. It is considered to be crude, but very effective. It is at least somewhat rare. Its tint is deep maroon.
- Shaper's Lenses
- This lense allows the occulator see someones "heart, soul, and innermost desires...,This gives you an advantage over others, that maybe you should never have."(Leavenworth Smedry). These unpredictable lenses can give an occulator "great power over others," and it is considered very dangerous. It is tinted with silver white flakes that look like the stars of a galaxy.
- Shatterer's Lenses
- Can break other kinds of glass if the Oculator looks at it through these. Unknown tint.
- Shocker's Lenses
- Emit a beam of light that knocks anyone looking at the user unconscious. Very difficult to use.
- Tracker's Lenses
- Some of the easiest Lenses to use, they allow the user to track peoples' footprints. Everyone has a unique footprint, and the longer the user knows a person, the longer their footprints stay visible. Family, however, is who one knows best, so their footprints stay a very long time, no matter how little the user thinks they know them. They are tinted yellow.
- Translator's Lenses (Lenses of Rashid)
- Forged from the Sands of Rashid, which are incredibly rare. Let the wearer understand, read, and write in any language, code, or alphabet, including Quentin Smedry's nonsense. Their tint is unknown.
- Traveler's Lenses
- Pushes the occulator from one point to another, avoiding obstructions in between. Unknown tint.
- Transcriber's Lenses
- Similar to Courier's Lenses, but the work with written communication instead of spoken comunication.
- Truthfinders Lenses
- Even rarer than Translators Lenses, these Lenses allow the wearer to discern truth from lies. When a person is telling the truth, their breath is seen as white fog. When they are lying, bugs/black critters spew from their mouths. The only known lense belongs to Alcatraz and used to belong to Allekatrase the First. They have no tint.
- Torturer's Lenses
- Cause intense agony in the target and make the muscles begin to rip. Five seconds of use causes the target permanent harm. They are tinted green and black.
- Warrior's Lenses
- Enhances the wearers physical abilities. This is one of the only lenses that a non-Oculator can use. They are tinted dark grey or black.
- Windstormer's Lenses
- Create gusts of wind that blow away from the Oculator. Leavenworth uses them to create a bubble of calm winds around the wielder, but this is extremely difficult. The Lenses are tinted green.
- Voidstormer's Lenses
- These are the opposite of the Windstormer's Lenses -- they suck things towards the user.
- Unknown Lenses
- Fitzroy is wearing a pair of green and orange stripped glasses when upon entering the Royal Archives (not a library).
- A pair of lenses heightens Leavenworth Smedry's awareness of enemy locations. This may be oculator's lenses, but it is unclear.
- This rule does not seem to apply to Alcatraz
- The Dark Talent chapter 1 Summary: The Dark Talent/Chapter_1#
- The Knights of Crystallia chapter 3 Summary: The Knights of Crystallia/Chapter_3#
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 4 Summary: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book)/Chapter_4#
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 19 Summary: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book)/Chapter_19#
- The Dark Talent chapter Chapter Bob Summary: The Dark Talent/Chapter_Chapter Bob#
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 17 Summary: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book)/Chapter_17#
- The Knights of Crystallia chapter 5 Summary: The Knights of Crystallia/Chapter_5#
- The Dark Talent chapter Trillian Summary: The Dark Talent/Chapter_Trillian#
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 21 Summary: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book)/Chapter_21#
- The Scrivener's Bones chapter 2 Summary: The Scrivener's Bones/Chapter_2#
- The Scrivener's Bones chapter 1 Summary: The Scrivener's Bones/Chapter_1#
- The Scrivener's Bones chapter 8 Summary: The Scrivener's Bones/Chapter_8#
- The Dark Talent Summary: The Dark Talent/CHAPTERLESS#
- The Shattered Lens chapter four teens and a pickle Summary: The Shattered Lens/Chapter_four teens and a pickle#
- Skyward Pre-Release AMA
— Arcanum - 2018-10-22#
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 3 Summary: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book)/Chapter_3#
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 20 Summary: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book)/Chapter_20#
- The Dark Talent chapter mary Summary: The Dark Talent/Chapter_mary#
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 11 Summary: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book)/Chapter_11#
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 2 Summary: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book)/Chapter_2#
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 12 Summary: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book)/Chapter_12#
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 13 Summary: Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book)/Chapter_13#