|Related to||Smedry Talent|
|Featured In||Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (series)|
Silimatic technologies use glass made from different types of sand to produce differing effects. Silimatic glasses can be used by anyone, but lenses can only be used by Oculators. Alcatraz Smedry has drawn parallels between Silimatic technologies and Smedry Talents in the past. He has also been able to increase the power of various Silimatic technologies
Types of glass include the following:
- Alivener's glass
- create Alivened
- Builder's Glass
- Communicator's Glass
- When broken in half, allows communication between the two pieces for 20 days.
- Defender's Glass
- Essentially protects structures inside it. Extremely strong.
- Detonator's Glass
- Explodes. Can be set to go off within a certain area. 
- Enforcer's Glass
- Expander's Glass
- Allows the inside of a structure or object built with it to be bigger than the outside. Deep lavender in color. Very difficult to break, even with a Talent.
- Grappler's Glass
- Clings to other surfaces, influencing gravity--used on the bottoms of boots to enable people to walk up surfaces. It supports the whole body instead of only fixing the foot in place. Often used by Alcatraz to walk on Silimatic vehicles such as the Hawkwind and Dragonaut
- Inhibitor's Glass
- Stops those touching it from using Silimatic technology or Smedry Talents,
- Messenger's Glass
- Orientation Glass
- Influences the direction of gravity. Used inside vehicles that might get up-side-down.
- Rebuilder's Glass
- Recognizer's Glass
- Reinforcer's Glass
- Restoring Glass
- Easily shatters at the touch of an Oculator, but restores itself when the Oculator moves away from it. Incredibly strong otherwise. Black in color.
- Sentinel's Glass
- Shielder's Glass
- Snarer's Glass
- Used for traps, however, each square can only go off once.
- Transporter's Glass
- Used in pairs and when activated at the exact same time, swaps two objects that has exactly same size, usually glass boxes, between two places
Lenses are only usable by Oculators, unless they are forged in the blood of an Oculator, such as the ones used by the Scrivener's Bones. Dark Oculators sometimes only use a monocle, instead of the classic glasses shape, in order to focus the lens' power. Lenses include:
- Bestower's Lenses
- Allows you to temporarily give someone an attribute of yours; For example, strength feelings or your talent, as in book 4. They are tinted green and purple.
- Courier's Lenses
- Allow short-range communication between two Oculators when both are wearing them, however, Alcatraz managed to extend that range by pushing more power into the Lenses. The user mentally hears the voice of the other Oculator and sees a hologram of their upper body. They are generally tinted baby blue.
- Discerner's Lenses
- Tell the wearer how old something is in the form of a glow that grows duller the older the object is.Their tint is unknown.
- Disguisers Lenses
- Allow the wearer to look like anything they want, but the lenses are visible within the disguise. They are tinted lavender.
- Educator's Lenses
- When worn, time slows for the wearer. Unknown tint.
- Firebringer's Lenses
- Throws a line of fire, almost like a laser, at the target. They are tinted clear with a small red dot at the center of each lens.
- Frostbringer's Lenses
- A Lens that is essentially the opposite of the Firebringers Lens, this Lens can direct a beam of frost at the target. This Lens is used by the Scrivener Bones.
- Harrier's Lenses
- Magnify the pain of someone you focus on. Their tint is unknown.
- Oculator's Lenses
- Allow Oculators to see/sense Oculations or more generally they show you things that you need to see. They can also be used to counter other Oculators' attack. They have a red or pink tint.
- Oracle's Lenses
- Those lenses allowed the user to glimpse into the future. Attica Smedry used them to foresee where Alcatraz will be living on his 13th birthday.Their tint is unknown.
- Shamefiller's Lenses
- Can make any object, living or non-living, so embarrassed that they explode. Its tint is deep maroon.
- Shaper's Lenses
- allows the occulator see someones "heart, soul, and innermost desires,"(Leavenworth Smedry). These lenses can give an occulator "great power over others," Its tint looks like the stars of a galaxy.
- Shatterer's Lenses
- Can break other kinds of glass if the Oculator looks at it through these. Unknown tint.
- Shocker's Lenses
- Emit a beam of light that knocks anyone looking at the user unconscious. Very difficult to use.
- Tracker's Lenses
- Some of the easiest Lenses to use, they allow the user to track peoples' footprints. Everyone has a unique footprint, and the longer the user knows a person, the longer their footprints stay visible. Family, however, is who one knows best, so their footprints stay a very long time, no matter how little the user thinks they know them. They are tinted yellow.
- Translator's Lenses (Lenses of Rashid)
- Forged from the Sands of Rashid, which are incredibly rare. Let the wearer understand, read, and write in any language, code, or alphabet, including Quentin Smedry's nonsense. Their tint is unknown.
- Traveler's Lenses
- Pushes the occulator from one point to another, avoiding obstructions in between. Unknown tint.
- Truthfinders Lenses
- Even rarer than Translators Lenses, these Lenses allow the wearer to discern truth from lies. The only known pair belongs to Alcatraz and used to belong to Allekatrase the First. They have no tint.
- Torturer's Lenses
- Cause intense agony in the target and make the muscles begin to rip. Five seconds of use causes the target permanent harm. They are tinted green and black.
- Warrior's Lenses
- Enhances the wearers physical abilities. This is one of the only lenses that a non-Oculator can use. They are tinted dark grey or black.
- Windstormer's Lenses
- Create gusts of wind that blow away from the Oculator. Leavenworth uses them to create a bubble of calm winds around the wielder, but this is extremely difficult. The Lenses are tinted green.
- Voidstormer's Lenses
- These are the opposite of the Windstormer's Lenses; ie they suck things towards the user.
- The Knights of Crystallia chapter 3 #
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 4 #
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 19 #
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 17 #
- The Knights of Crystallia chapter 5 #
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 21 #
- The Scrivener's Bones chapter 2 #
- The Scrivener's Bones chapter 1 #
- The Scrivener's Bones chapter 8 #
- The Shattered Lens chapter four teens and a pickle #
- Skyward Pre-Release AMA
— Arcanum - 2018-10-22#
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 3 #
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 20 #
- The Dark Talent chapter mary #
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 11 #
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 2 #
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 12 #
- Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians (book) chapter 13 #