Sea of Fjorden
|Sea of Fjorden|
The sea lies between Opelon and the northern continent that contains Teod. It takes about five days to travel across the sea from Teod to Kae. A number of small islands dot the sea between Arelon and Teod and also near Svorden. Arelon, Svorden and Fjorden all have long coastlines on the sea.
History and Use
The Teos originally crossed the sea from the area around Arelon to colonize their peninsula. Teod was long thought to have the region's most powerful military armada, although the Fjordell Empire's annexation of Svorden and its navy significantly bolstered its fleets.
The sea is used for both transportation and mercantile activities. Elantris, Teoras, and Widor are all port cities. The water is saline and smells of brine and sea life, and a food fish known as trike is plentiful. Merchant fleets are common, including those owned by King Iadon and Duke Telrii, despite attacks from pirates such as Dreok Crushthroat.
- Map of Sycla
- Elantris chapter 2 Summary: Elantris/Chapter_2#
- Annotation for Elantris chapter 55 Cite: Annotation/Elantris/55#
- Elantris chapter 47 Summary: Elantris/Chapter_47#
- Elantris chapter 21 Summary: Elantris/Chapter_21#
- Elantris glossary section K
- Elantris chapter 14 Summary: Elantris/Chapter_14#
- Elantris glossary section C
- Elantris chapter 17 Summary: Elantris/Chapter_17#
Big Smooth (talk) 23:30, 19 December 2019 (UTC)
|Characters||Raoden · Sarene · Hrathen · Dilaf · Galladon · Eventeo · Kiin · Iadon · Roial|
|Places||Opelon · Arelon · City of Elantris · Duladel · Fjorden · Teod · JinDo · Svorden|
|Magic||AonDor · Aons · Dakhor · ChayShan · Seons · Skaze · The Shaod · Forgery · The Pool|
|Mythology and Lore||Devotion · Dominion · The Dor · The Reod · Shu-Korath · Shu-Dereth · Shu-Keseg|