|Featured In||The Emperor's Soul|
MaiPon is the homeland of Forgery. Because Investiture on Sel is concentrated in the Cognitive Realm, and thus dependent on geographic location, the power of a Forgery diminishes the further a forgery is from MaiPon, similar to how the Elantrian Aons function. All Forgeries include a lithograph resembling MaiPon on the reverse side of the stamp.
The MaiPon are of the same ethnicity as the JinDo, but separated long ago. They are commonly mistaken by other cultures as being identical. The MaiPon use chopsticks, known as MaiPon sticks, as eating utensils. The sticks were later adopted in JinDo culture.
The early MaiPons worshipped meteors, which were termed as the souls of broken gods. Those meteors would be carved to bring out the shape of the gods. It is believed that the history of carving was responsible for the invention and advancement of Forgery. Wan ShaiLu is from MaiPon, and is a follower of the God Beyond. It is unclear if the religion is common in MaiPon or unique to Shai.
- The Emperor's Soul - Day 30 Summary: The Emperor's Soul/Day_30#
- The Emperor's Soul - Day 98 Summary: The Emperor's Soul/Day_98#
- A Memory of Light Milford Signing
— Arcanum - 2013-02-16#
- The Emperor's Soul - Day 76 Summary: The Emperor's Soul/Day_76#
- Elantris chapter 5 Summary: Elantris/Chapter_5#
- The Emperor's Soul - Day 2 Summary: The Emperor's Soul/Day_2#
- Elantris glossary section M
It has yet to be reviewed.
|The Emperor's Soul (Sel)|
|Characters||Wan ShaiLu · Gaotona · Ashravan · Frava · Zu · Han ShuXen · Kurshina · Imperial Fool|
|Places||Rose Empire · Mulla'dil · MaiPon · Dzhamar · Ukurgi · Sogdian Forest · Rose Palace · Imperial Seat|
|Magic||Forgery · Bloodsealing · Soulstamp · Soulstone · Skeletal · Essence Mark|