The Coppermind has spoilers for all of Brandon's published works, now including Yumi and the Nightmare Painter and The Sunlit Man (Secret Projects Three and Four). Information about books that have not yet been released, like Stormlight 5, is allowed only on meta-pages for the books themselves. For more details, see our spoiler policy. To view an earlier version of the wiki without spoilers for a book, go to the Time Machine!
|Featured In||Yumi and the Nightmare Painter|
Kilahito is a major city in Nagadan, the largest nation on Komashi. Yumi was Connected to a painter from Kilahito by a spirit, which enabled her to free herself from and destroy the father machine. It is also the site of the battle of Kilahito.
Kilahito is located not far from the ruins of Torio City, and it is of a comparable size. It is also only five miles from Yumi's prison, during her time of captivity. The city is laid out in a circular configuration, that is sometimes broken into different wedges and rings, crossed with asphalt streets wide enough for vehicles. Warehouse structures with white faces and no outward-facing windows circle the perimeter of the city, just inside of a perimeter road. The city is likely built around a hion stub, and it is adjacent to a lake, which serves as the city's primary water supply..
While the machine is active, the shroud encircles the city like a dome, though following the battle of Kilahito the shroud dissipates. Due to fear of nightmares during that period, poorer sections of the town are located closer to the perimeter. A pleasure district, as well as the narrow Rabble Way--a "low-end" merchant district, are located near the perimeter, and tend to be more active at night than the rest of the city. Due to the unending darkness of the shroud, "night time" is a matter of convention that the city generally follows. Other than the nightmares during this period of the city's history, the town is considered to be quite safe.
- Nightmare Division headquarters
- The Nightmare Division has a headquarters located in the city where painters report in after duty. The foreman, Sukishi, has an office there.
- The Noodle Pupil
- The Noodle Pupil, later renamed the Noodle Princess, is a restaurant managed by Design that is popular among the city's painters. After the Cryptic leaves the city, the restaurant is managed by Yumi and Nikaro, who add an art gallery.
- Kilahito's carnival, locally referred to by a term translated as "place of a million lights", opens on festivals, rest days, and for other celebratory events. The carnival includes food sales, games, entertainers, and rides, such as the Jotun Line.
- Shinzua Shopping Center
- Shinzua Shopping Center is an upscale shopping center, with relatively high prices. Alternative shopping centers also exist.
An army of hundreds of stable nightmares were sent to attack Kilahito, to destroy Nikaro's knowledge about the machine. Nikaro and his companions organized a resistance among many of the city's painters, who fought the creatures at the battle of Kilahito--preventing the nightmares from destroying the city. After the assault, the machine was destroyed and the shroud vanished, revealing the sun to the residents of Komashi.
Crime rates in Kilahito are low, making it a relatively safe city, due in no small part to the nocturnal threat of nightmares.
While they greatly value the role that painters fill in society, they do not often discuss things such as salary increases, leading to painters earning very little money for the sort of work they do.
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 11#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 31#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 40#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 32#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 34#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 1#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 7#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 3#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 15#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 14#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 24#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 41#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 5#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter Another Epilogue#
- Yumi and the Nightmare Painter chapter 28#
- Secret Project #3 Reveal and Livestream
— Arcanum - 2022-03-22#
|Yumi and the Nightmare Painter (Komashi)|
|Characters||Yumi · Nikaro (Painter) · Hoid · Design · Liyun · Akane · Tojin · Masaka · Izzy|
|Places||Kilahito · Noodle Pupil · Torio · Gongsha Town · UTol|
|Magic||Virtuosity · Hijo · Yoki-hijo · Father machine · Hion · Shroud · Nightmares · Painters|