The Weeping is a time during the Rosharan year that marks the end of a 500 day year. The Weeping consists of four weeks of continuous rain with a single clear day in the middle known as Lightday, which signifies the Roshar New Year. Every other year a highstorm arrives on the Lightday, but the period is otherwise free from the storms. The years without the highstorm are known as Light Years. The Weepings' rain is characterized by a slow, steady rainfall that doesn't deposit crem, and it generally doesn't feature any heavy winds or other stormy conditions generally found during a highstorm.
Opposite in the year from a Weeping is an extremely powerful highstorm.
- The Way of Kings chapter 44
- Words of Radiance chapter 46
- Words of Radiance chapter 50
- Words of Radiance chapter 76
- Words of Radiance chapter 81
- How often is a "weeping" in Way of Kings?
— Theoryland - Aug 31st, 2011