This page lists all of Brandon Sanderson's works, written or unwritten, that have not been published. Some of these are written novels that have been "trunked", some of which have been re-written or cannibalized from. Some are ideas Brandon has talked about briefly but it is unknown if they will ever actually be written. The remainder are forthcoming works that, while unwritten, will come out eventually.
A list of those works that have been published can be found in the Bibliography article.
- The Stormlight Archive
- Books 3-5
- Books 6-10
- Mistborn (series)
- Dark One
- cosmere YA. Will likely be written after Reckoners and Rithmatist are finished.
- Sequel to Warbreaker. Might be written after the Elantris sequels.
- Alcatraz Book 6
- Sequel to The Dark Talent to be "written" by Bastille as Alcatraz refuses to continue writing.[Citation needed]
- A series of 3 or 5 books that will only be written after Stormlight Archive is completed.
- White Sand graphic novels
- A set of three graphic novels based on Brandon's seventh novel. Set on Taldain.
- Elantris trilogy 2-3
- Takes place ten years later with an all new cast. Need to be written before the second, Modern, Mistborn trilogy. At the latest they will be written after Stormlight 5.
- The Rithmatist series
- The Aztlanian (Rithmatist 2)
- The Nebraskian (Rithmatist 3)[Citation needed]
- Steelheart novellas 2, 3:
- The Silence Divine
- A novella set on a planet in the Greater Roshar system, where diseases grant magical abilities. Will be renamed.
- YA cosmere
- was The Lurker, will be tinkered with during SA3
- Legion 3
- A sequel to Legion 2, no plans or outlines have been made yet Will be the final Legion novella.
- The Apocalypse Guard 1-3
- A follow-up of The Reckoners for Random House. Features a team that goes to alternate universes to prevent world-ending events.[Citation needed] Book 1 is scheduled to be written between Stormlight 3 and 4.
- Death By Pizza
- A novel featuring a necromancer pizza deliveryman. On hiatus.
- Aether of Night
- Brandon's tenth novel, various elements have been cannibalized for other works (such as Decay becoming Ruin). No longer seems to be trunked.
- A space opera/fantasy hybrid.
These are projects that Brandon has mentioned as possibilities but there are no firm plans in place.
- 1940's Mistborn
- Potentially more short adventures set before the second trilogy.
- Near-future Mistborn
- Potentially more adventures set between the second and third trilogies.
- Mulholland Homebrew's Sinister Shop of Secret Pets
- Middle grade/YA humor, about a girl who accidentally apprentices herself to a guy who runs a fantasy pet shop.
- Zeek Harbringer, Destroyer of Worlds
- Middle grade scifi humor, potentially a follow-up to the Alcatraz series. About a young man who whenever he visits a planet, the planet blows up shortly after for various reasons (such as a nuclear catastrophe). Each book would be set on a different world and tell the story of how it blows up.
- The King's Necromancer
- Reckoners sequel series
- Mizzy would be the main character.[Citation needed]
These are works that are unlikely to ever be published either because elements have been co-opted for use in other books (as with Mythwalker and Aether of Night) or because the book has been re-written from scratch (as with White Sand Prime and The Way of Kings Prime).
- White Sand Prime
- Brandon's first novel, later re-written as White Sand (prose).
- Star's End
- Brandon's second novel, a short alien-relations/sci-fi story.
- Lord Mastrell
- Brandon's third novel, a sequel to White Sand Prime.
- Knight Life
- Brandon's fourth novel, a fantasy comedy.
- The Sixth Incarnation of Pandora
- Brandon's fifth novel, a far future scifi involving immortal warriors
- Dragonsteel Prime
- Brandon's seventh novel, served as his Master's thesis. Planned to be re-written,
- White Sand (prose)
- Brandon's eighth novel, a complete rewrite of the first. This later served as the basis for his graphic novels. This is the novel that got Brandon his agent.[Citation needed]
- Brandon's ninth novel, a book that included the characters Vivenna and Siri 
- Mistborn Prime
- Brandon's eleventh novel, elements were later combined with Final Empire Prime for Mistborn: The Final Empire.
- Final Empire Prime
- Brandon's twelfth novel, elements were later combined with Mistborn Prime for Mistborn: The Final Empire.
- The Way of Kings Prime
- Brandon's thirteenth novel, later re-written as The Way of Kings.
- Brandon on Stormlight 3 working title
— Twitter - Jun 16th, 2015
- Words of Radiance release announcement
— Tor.com - 2013-02-28
- Chicago Firefight Signing
— 17th Shard forums - Feb 20th, 2015
- There will be more Wax and Wayne books
— Theoryland - 2011-11-11
- Two More Mistborn Novels
— Brandon's website - Oct 29th, 2013
- State of the Sanderson: December 2014
— Brandon's website - Dec 18th, 2014
- Another Long and Rambling Post™ on Future Books
— Brandon's website - Oct 12th, 2010
- State of the Sanderson
— Brandon's website - Jul 24th, 2013
- Peter says Dragonsteel is 3-5 books
— 17th Shard forums - Nov 19th, 2014
- Another Long-Winded Explanation of Various Things
— Brandon's website - May 7th, 2009
- Brandon's answer to Peter
— Timewasters Guide forum - 2008-10-20
- May rewrite Liar as a first-person narrative
— Theoryland - 2013-05-14
- Will we be seeing any more worlds for the Cosmere?
— Theoryland - 2010-9-21
- Is Dragonsteel a trilogy or what?
— Theoryland - 2011-11-08
- Steelheart press release
— Suvudu - 2012-06
- State of the Sanderson 2015
— Brandon's website - Dec 18th, 2015
- Sanderson says he may do a near-future Mistborn
— 17th Shard forums - Dec 19th, 2014
- YA humor other than Alatraz?
— Theoryland - 2012-07-09
- Old Bibliography
— Timewasters Guide forum - Oct 20th, 2008
- Annotation for Elantris chapter 22