< VinJump to navigation Jump to search
”Free. No, I'll never be free. Reen made certain of that when he left.— Vin.
”It didn't seem that way between Kelsier and Dockson. They appeared to trust each other. (...) So, he's lost someone too. How can he laugh so much? So honestly?— Vin's initial skepticism toward Kelsier.
”They really don't hate each other. (...) What would that be like?— Vin contemplating Kelsier and Marsh's relationship as siblings.
”Anonymity. Hiding, even when you’re with others. Being quiet, unobtrusive. Forcing yourself to stay apart—emotionally, at least. It’s a way of life. A protection.—Vin to TenSoon
”I'm particularly tired, [...] I’m tired of the games. I’m tired of people dying because of arguments between their leaders. I’m tired of good men being taken advantage of.—Vin to Lord Penrod
”You brought armies to attack my city. You threatened my people. I won’t slaughter your soldiers, make them pay for what you did, but I will kill you, Cett.—Vin to Lord Cett
”All right. What was that pink thing I just passed in the hallway?—Vin's first reaction to Allrianne Cett
”No more memories! (...) Focus on the moment.—Vin while reflecting on Kelsier's death.
”I have no respect for these things. (...) Nor will I ever.—Vin while inspecting a dead Inquisitor.
”Oh, come on. You have to admit that you're unusual, Vin. You're like some strange mixture of a noblewoman, a street urchin, and a cat. Plus, you've managed -- in our short three years together -- to kill not only my god, but my father, my brother, and my fiancée. That’s kind of like a homicidal hat trick. It’s a strange foundation for a relationship, wouldn't you say?
”I can't decide if you're a fool, (...) or if you simply exist in a way that makes you incapable of considering some things. (...) You said that the only reason to create something is to destroy it. (...) We create things to watch them grow, Ruin. (...) To take pleasure in seeing that which we love become more than it was before.— Vin to Ruin during the Battle of Hathsin.
”She was strong and vulnerable all at once. She was my last master, and my greatest. She had a way of pouring everything of herself into what she did. When she fought, she was the blade. When she loved, she was the kiss. In that regard, she was far more . . . human than any I have known.—TenSoon speaking of Vin to Waxillium Ladrian.
- The Final Empire chapter 1 Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_1#
- The Final Empire chapter 4 Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_4#
- The Final Empire chapter 20 Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_20#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 22 Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_22#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 54 Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_54#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 55 Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_55#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 21 Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_21#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 3 Summary: The Hero of Ages/Chapter_3#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 5 Summary: The Hero of Ages/Chapter_5#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 28 Summary: The Hero of Ages/Chapter_28#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 81 Summary: The Hero of Ages/Chapter_81#
- Shadows of Self chapter 20 Summary: Shadows of Self/Chapter_20#