User talk:Mathy Nerdius
Hello and welcome to the Coppermind!
Hello! I am aware of this. However, I thought it might look a bit odd to anyone who wanted information on Larcener, but also hadn't finished the series. I am completely fine with you removing this information if you want to, though. -Mathy Nerdius
I just added an account, and will ask them. Thanks for your help! -Mathy Nerdius
Thanks for all you're doing!
I've been meaning to review some of your great Reckoners work (I even have several tabs of it open), and I just wanted to say you're doing awesome. Keep it up. Let us know if we can help at all! -- Chaos2651 (talk) 05:11, 16 June 2020 (UTC)
- Thank you so much! I've just really gotten into the Reckoners series again lately, and decided to help with some of the pages that are a little lacking in detail. Thank you for the encouragement! I really appreciate it. - Mathy Nerdius
Hey Mathy Nerdius! I wanted to reiterate how awesome your work is; Reckoners does not get a lot of attention at all and I'm pretty sure most of the pages are lacking more than a little detail. Given the update you just did on Abraham (which was great, by the way!) I think you might be noticing that. Speaking of the Abraham page, I wanted to mention a few things. King of Herdaz is right; we like to keep content, including section names, "in-world." Feel free to tweak the ones he used if you think something else would fit better though. Don't feel bad about this though; it's so much easier for use to adjust little things like this than write the 20,000 bytes of content you did. Given the state most Reckoners articles are in, I wouldn't be surprised if you were just copying from a different article; if you do see others with section names like that (or with references to the book in the article prose itself), go ahead and adjust them. Another minor thing: using
==== Subsection title ==== is also generally better than
;Subsection title: since it means the subsections show up on the table of contents; let us know if you had a particular reason for using the semicolon version. I would agree with King of Herdaz that you probably don't need section breaks quite as often though.
The second main thing I wanted to mention is that when you save an edit, it's usually good to check the references section to make sure all of the wobs you used have been imported (basically, we have to create a page on the Coppermind that stores some the metadata so that the references look nice). If you look here, you can see the difference in how imported and unimported wobs show up in the References section. To import a wob, all you have to do is click the "missing reference description, click to import" red link and then save the new page that comes up (for an example of what the cite page actually looks like after you're done, see Cite:Arcanum-3125). This is another very minor that's easy to miss thing, so again, don't feel bad about not knowing it; like I said, you're doing amazing work overall. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions and happy editing!
--Stargazer (talk) 22:37, 17 June 2020 (UTC)
Hey Stargazer! Thank you for your response! I agree, keeping the section names in-world does make much more sense. And yes, I did go quite overboard on Abraham's history section. I noticed this morning that all of that information probably wasn't needed, but I didn't have the time to sift through all of that today. And no, I actually didn't copy any of that information from anywhere. I just skimmed through all three books looking for info on Abraham. Probably wasn't the best way to spend my day, but it was fun nonetheless. And thank you!! I was just made an editor a few days ago, and was used to not being able to import wobs before. I completely forgot I could make pages now! Oops. :)
- You've put a lot of work into the Abraham page, so you probably have a better sense of what it should be than I do, but I'm not sure there's too much information, just that some of the sections could probably be combined, without getting rid of information. Also, not sure if this was clear, but I wasn't trying to suggest that the information you added on Abraham came from somewhere else (I'm well aware we probably don't have Reckoners articles that good!), just that I think I've seen other articles using the book titles for section names and wasn't sure if you had used one of those to try to figure out what to name your sections. Regardless, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying editing and it is very much appreciated! In case it's ever relevant to you in the future, or to anyone else reading this, we're pretty willing to give people the editor right; if you need to create pages, just ask and we'll get it straightened out. About the only reason we don't let anyone create pages is that we've had issues with spam in the past. :)
- --Stargazer (talk) 00:36, 18 June 2020 (UTC)
- Ah, got it. If you don't think that there's too much information, then I will gladly keep it all on there. Thank you so much!!
- -Mathy Nerdius
- I granted you the Editor role yesterday, so you are able to make pages at will. Stargazer and others said everything else I wanted to say. This stuff is awesome, thank you so much. Don't hesitate to ask us for anything, but obviously you already do that in Discord :) Cheers, friend. -- Chaos2651 (talk) 02:42, 18 June 2020 (UTC)
- Yes, thank you so much for that, Chaos! And yeah, any questions I have I just put them in the Discord. Thanks for being so cooperative and encouraging. :)
- -Mathy Nerdius