The Coppermind has spoilers for all of Brandon's published works, now including Tress of the Emerald Sea and The Frugal Wizard's Handbook for Surviving Medieval England (Secret Projects One and Two). Information about books that have not yet been released, like the other secret novels releasing in 2023 and Stormlight 5, is allowed only on meta-pages for the books themselves. For more details, see our spoiler policy. To view an earlier version of the wiki without spoilers for a book, go to the Time Machine!
|Featured In||Mistborn (series)|
The tinningdar is the name for traditional Terris robes worn on Scadrial.
The tinningdar's most distinctive feature is a colorful overlapping V pattern down the front. The pattern is embroidered. They are commonly worn with a belt and often have wide sleeves, which can help accommodate metalmind bracers. Stewards may own multiple sets of tinningdar, including more ornate versions that they wear to formal events.
In the Final Empire, Terris stewards traditionally wear a tinningdar in the three colors of the noble house that the steward serves. They are sometimes referred to as "steward's robes"; Jastes identifies Sazed as a steward by his robes. Other items of Terris clothing, such as the robes worn by Tindwyl, are colorful and identifiably Terris, but are not mentioned as having the distinctive V pattern of the tinningdar.
Sazed regularly wears the tinningdar, even when performing menial tasks, such as digging a grave or stirring soup. He sees the robes as part of Terris history despite the fact that they also represent the lifestyle forced upon the Terris by the Lord Ruler; he wonders if future Terrismen will continue to wear the tinningdar.
Sazed and other former stewards continue to wear the tinningdar after the fall of the Final Empire, although the colors no longer represent nobility.
The tinningdar is still worn by the Terris 300 years after the Catacendre. Teenage Terris students, including a young Waxillium Ladrian, wear them in the Village. Wax does not find the robes comfortable.
Wax "dies" and meets Harmony—presumably in the Cognitive Realm—and perceives his clothing as the tinningdar, with layers of time instead of color.
- ↑ a b c Shadows of Self chapter 5Summary: Shadows of Self/Chapter_5#
- ↑ a b c d The Final Empire chapter 8Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_8#
- ↑ The Final Empire chapter 18Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_18#
- ↑ a b The Final Empire chapter 12Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_12#
- ↑ a b c The Bands of Mourning prologueSummary: The Bands of Mourning/Prologue#
- ↑ a b The Hero of Ages chapter 18Summary: The Hero of Ages/Chapter_18#
- ↑ a b The Well of Ascension chapter 19Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_19#
- ↑ The Well of Ascension chapter 4Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_4#
- ↑ The Final Empire chapter 33Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_33#
- ↑ The Well of Ascension chapter 7Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_7#
- ↑ The Hero of Ages chapter 10Summary: The Hero of Ages/Chapter_10#
- ↑ The Bands of Mourning chapter 28Summary: The Bands of Mourning/Chapter_28#
|Era 1 books||Mistborn: The Final Empire · The Well of Ascension · The Hero of Ages |
(The Eleventh Metal · Mistborn: Secret History)
|Era 2 books||The Alloy of Law · Shadows of Self · The Bands of Mourning · The Lost Metal |
(Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania)
|Shards||Preservation · Ruin · Harmony|
|History||Classical Scadrial · Final Empire · Catacendre · Elendel · Southern Scadrian|
|Magic||Metallic Arts (Allomancy, Feruchemy, Hemalurgy) · Metalborn · Mistborn · Misting · Savant · Ferring · Twinborn · Compounding · Atium · Lerasium · Harmonium · Trellium|
|Other Media||Mistborn Adventure Game · Mistborn: Birthright · Mistborn film · Mistborn: House War|