Tin is the Internal Physical Pulling metal. An Allomancer burning tin has greatly enhanced senses. Feruchemists can use tin to store enhanced senses, and when used as a Hemalurgic spike, tin steals senses.
A tin Misting is known as a Tineye. Burning tin grants a Tineye increased sensitivity in all five senses. Furthermore, due to Allomancy's origin with Preservation, they are able to see through the mists that cover Scadrial. A Tineye can flare tin, causing a huge burst of sensory input, to clear their head from pain or exhaustion. Tin will allow the Tineye to see in areas of low light, but does not allow the user to see in total darkness.
If someone were able to burn the amount of tin needed to become an Allomantic savant with the metal, any normal light would become too bright for them. However, their other senses would become so attuned that they can feel and hear well enough to make up for the lack of vision. Since the body grows dependent on the metal, a Tineye savant could stop burning tin and could gain resistant to pain or other senses. Burning tin for long periods puts a lot of strain on the body and mind.
A tin Ferring is known as a Windwhisperer. Tin is used to store sensitivity of senses. One sense may be stored each in a tinmind. Unlike an Allomancer burning tin, it does not allow a Windwhisperer to see things that would be otherwise unobservable; instead, it compounds the potency of their senses currently available. While storing senses, those senses become weaker. For example, Sazed wore glasses while storing eyesight.
Tapping sight causes the edge of the Windwhisperer's vision to blur, and sacrifices immediate field of vision in favor of a more distant, binocular view. Tapping too much sight can induce nausea. Storing sense of smell dilutes a Windwhisperer's sense of taste.
It is possible for a Windwhisperer to store more than the five traditional senses in a tinmind. An example of this would be the the ability to feel pain. It is also possible to store Allomantically granted senses like bronze sense.
Creatures with other senses can create tinminds for those senses as well as the standard five. For instance, a platypus Feruchemist could create an electric field sense tinmind.
When used as a Hemalurgic spike, tin steals human senses.
The kandra can use a pair of these spikes as a Blessing and call them the Blessing of Awareness. Like all kandra Blessings, the Blessing gives the mistwraiths sentience, with the added benefit of heightened senses.
Brandon originally planned on giving the Allomantic powers of tin to silver, falsely assuming that pewter had a high quantity of silver. After changing it, he was concerned that Vin's earring might be confusing, so it became 'silver coated'.
- The Alloy of Law Ars Arcanum Summary: The Alloy of Law/Ars Arcanum#
- The Final Empire chapter 8 Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_8#
- The Final Empire chapter 25 Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_25#
- The Final Empire chapter 5 Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_5#
- Annotation for The Well of Ascension 56 Cite: Annotation/The Well of Ascension/56#
- Annotation for The Hero of Ages 14 Cite: Annotation/The Hero of Ages/14#
- Annotation for The Hero of Ages 23 Cite: Annotation/The Hero of Ages/23#
- The Hero of Ages chapter 66 Summary: The Hero of Ages/Chapter_66#
- The Final Empire chapter 22 Summary: The Final Empire/Chapter_22#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 19 Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_19#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 12 Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_12#
- The Well of Ascension chapter 50 Summary: The Well of Ascension/Chapter_50#
- /r/books AMA 2015
— Arcanum - 2015-05-17#
- WorldCon 76
— Arcanum - 2018-08-18#
- General Signed Books 2018
— Arcanum - 2018-02-08#
- Steel Ministry report
— Arcanum - 2014-08-20#
- The Hero of Ages Ars Arcanum Summary: The Hero of Ages/Ars Arcanum#
- Annotation for The Final Empire 23 Cite: Annotation/The Final Empire/23#
- Annotation for The Hero of Ages 54 Cite: Annotation/The Hero of Ages/54#
|The Metallic Arts|
|Arts||Allomancy · Feruchemy · Hemalurgy|
|Concepts||Metalborn · Snapping · Savants · Metalminds · Twinborn · Compounding · Blessings|
|Constructs||Steel Inquisitors · Koloss · Kandra · Chimeras|
|Base Metals||Iron · Steel · Tin · Pewter · Zinc · Brass · Copper · Bronze · Cadmium · Bendalloy · Gold · Electrum · Chromium · Nicrosil · Aluminum · Duralumin|
|God Metals||Atium (Malatium) · Lerasium · Ettmetal · Trellium|
|Era 1 books||Mistborn: The Final Empire · The Well of Ascension · The Hero of Ages · (Mistborn: Secret History · The Eleventh Metal)|
|Era 2 books||The Alloy of Law · Shadows of Self · The Bands of Mourning · The Lost Metal · (Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania)|
|Shards||Preservation · Ruin · Harmony|
|History||Classical Scadrial · Final Empire · Catacendre · Elendel · Southern Scadrian|
|Magic||Metallic Arts (Allomancy, Feruchemy, Hemalurgy) · Metalborn · Mistborn · Misting · Savant · Ferring · Twinborn · Compounding · Atium · Lerasium · Ettmetal|
|Other Media||Mistborn Adventure Game · Mistborn: Birthright · Mistborn film · Mistborn: House War|