The Way of Kings Prime
From The Coppermind
|The Way of Kings Prime|
Differences from the published version
- Kaladin was known as "Merin"
- Kaladin accepts the Shards at the beginning of the novel, instead of refusing them, and the story is about him becoming a Shardbearer.
- Szeth was known as "Jek"
- Jasnah Kholin was also a main view-point character
- Vasher made an appearance
- Shallan did not exist
- Spren were not a part of Roshar yet
- The Diagram was written by Renarin Kholin.
- A sequence of six chapters from The Way of Kings Prime is included in the Altered Perceptions Anthology.
- Dalinar Kholin was the first character Brandon Sanderson ever wrote when he was 15 years old. What he originally had in mind was a King (Elhokar) who is terrible at leading and the King's uncle not knowing whether to take charge or not.