Mistborn Adventure Game
|Mistborn Adventure Game|
Compared to many other role playing games such as Dungeons and Dragons, the Mistborn Adventure Game has a light focus on rules and a strong focus on storytelling and player character development, using a semi-theatrical approach. Items are called "Props," and there are separate combat rules for dealing with enemies that have names and enemies without names, termed "Extras" (and are much easier to plow through). One striking gameplay mechanic is the rule that player characters will gain experience and strength more quickly if they suffer serious setbacks (and survive), even if they may also be temporarily or even permanently crippled by the experience. This both encourages pushing the limits of a character and aids richer storytelling as characters grow and develop through their adventures.
As would be expected, all flavors of Scadrian play prominent roles in character creation and gameplay.
- Mistborn Adventure Game
- The core rulebook. Includes the short story The Eleventh Metal and provides a structure for applying Allomancy, Feruchemy, Hemalurgy, and "Mimicry," which is what the game calls the kandra racial abilities.
- Terris: Wrought of Copper
- A supplement about the Terris people and the Terris Dominance during the Final Empire. Introduces Terris-unique Traits and the first rules for Networks. Also includes the campaign "Justice, like Ash".
- Alloy of Law
- A supplement that updates the world and rules to the era depicted in Mistborn Era 2. Introduces the first rules for Twinborn and Compounding. Includes the short story Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania.
- Skaa: Tin & Ash
- A supplement about the skaa during the Final Empire. Introduces skaa-unique Traits and adds several new Networks. Also includes the campaign "Beasts of Burden".
- Alloy of Law: Masks of the Past
- A supplement to address additions to the world in Shadows of Self and The Bands of Mourning.
- Noble: The Golden Mandate
- A supplement about the Nobles during the Final Empire. Planned to include rules for Noble crews.
- Thieves in the Ninth House
- The first planned campaign adventure. Set during Era 1.
- unnamed Kandra supplement
- A potential supplement about the kandra.
- unnamed Era 2 campaign book
- A campaign adventure set during Era 2 dealing with the negative ecological effects of industrialization as a "big bad".
- The Eleventh Metal
- A short story about Kelsier's training with Gemmel
- A House of Ashes
- A set of short stories based just before the Final Ascension, not written by Brandon
- Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania
- A serialised western adventure story in the Roughs
|Mistborn Adventure Game|
|Rule books||Mistborn Adventure Game · Terris: Wrought of Copper · Alloy of Law · Skaa: Tin & Ash · Alloy of Law: Masks of the Past|
|Extra stories||The Eleventh Metal · A House of Ashes · Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania|
|Era 1 books||Mistborn: The Final Empire · The Well of Ascension · The Hero of Ages · (Mistborn: Secret History · The Eleventh Metal)|
|Era 2 books||The Alloy of Law · Shadows of Self · The Bands of Mourning · The Lost Metal · (Allomancer Jak and the Pits of Eltania)|
|Shards||Preservation · Ruin · Harmony|
|History||Classical Scadrial · Final Empire · Catacendre · Elendel · Southern Scadrian|
|Magic||Metallic Arts (Allomancy, Feruchemy, Hemalurgy) · Metalborn · Mistborn · Misting · Savant · Ferring · Twinborn · Compounding · Atium · Lerasium · Ettmetal|
|Other Media||Mistborn Adventure Game · Mistborn: Birthright · Mistborn film · Mistborn: House War|