For some reason, the "missing Arcanum metadata" flag appears underneath seventy-five of the citations, but the links themselves work. It should probably be removed from the list of pages with missing Arcanum data.
- [note: the above was posted by User:Spriy].
- Thanks for pointing this out - it is a known software issue with long pages that have a very large number of citations. I believe the dev team has been looking for a workaround. As a side note, it is helpful to sign/timestamp your posts on talk pages - just type four tildes (~~~~), and your signature will be inserted. Thanks! -Big Smooth (talk) 18:05, 18 May 2021 (UTC)
I believe that something as important to the wider cosmere as metal should have its own section. In fact I do not believe god metals are mentioned on this page at all.
For this reason I request permission to add a section detailing the fact that all confirmed instances of solid physcial manifestation of investiture are metallic. The fact that aluminum is highly resistant to investiture, that iron has had pulling effects on three planets. Silver has killed investiture related life on two. That raysium can conduct investiture.
I will be careful to minimize duplicate information, but even links to the relevant sections would, in my opinion, be beneficial.
I think making these changes on this page would be a worthy inclusion, what do you think?
- So, when I was overhauling the page a little while ago, I did actually have wob:9291 included in the draft at one point, but it was cut out at some point because it felt too detailed. So I'm a little uncertain about this idea, but it also has been a little while and things can change; I don't have time to look into the situation immediately, but I'll try to do some research sometime soon.
- --Stargazer (talk) 21:29, 24 March 2023 (UTC)
- @ParshendiOfRhuidean: I think some of my struggle with regard to this is significance. That Investiture in a solid state in the Physical Realm is generally metallic or that iron has pulling effects in several different systems are interesting patterns; that raysium can conduct Investiture or that lerasium can alter a person's Spiritweb are relevant to some of the arcana of their respective worlds. Those are all important things that should be covered on the Coppermind, but they don't feel like the sort of core mechanics or principles of the cosmere that I've tried to keep this page focused to. I know I and some of the other staff were already concerned about the length of the Properties and Forces section when I overhauled the page about three years ago; it's only grown since then and I still need to add a section about the aethers. I could maybe see wanting to work aluminum and silver into the Investiture subsection sometime in the near-ish future; I'll probably want to do an intensive review of the whole section after Secret Project Four comes out and I'll keep this in mind going forward.
- --Stargazer (talk) 21:23, 30 March 2023 (UTC)