|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
He commanded a battalion that included heavy infantry and spearmen. Adolin asked him to prepare a charge against the listeners near some bright lighting fabrials placed by Navani. However, the listeners focused their attention on Adolin and rendered him unable to break through their front, thwarting the Alethi strategy. Perel called a partial retreat and reported to Adolin that the two armies were in a stalemate. He was confused as to why some of the enemy forces continued to sing behind the lines rather than joining the fight. Adolin wanted to stop the singing, but Perel warned him against attempting a solo assault. Adolin decided to have Perel take some soldiers and create a distraction while he launched a sneak attack on the singers by traveling through the hollow rock formations.
- Perel uses the idiom "treading water" to describe the stalemate during the battle. Adolin has no idea what he is talking about, and Perel calls it a "swimming term".
- Perel shares a name and some characteristics with Vedekar Perel, an officer in the Sebarial army who was found murdered in Urithiru and was likely present at the Battle of Narak. At one point, General Khal and Dalinar specifically mentioned the possibility of using Sebarial troops to support Adolin. However, Adolin claims that he did not know Vedekar Perel and May Aladar's investigation indicates that he was known as a quiet administrator, not a soldier.
- Words of Radiance chapter 81 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_81#
- Words of Radiance chapter 82 Summary: Words of Radiance/Chapter_82#
- Oathbringer chapter 9 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_9#
- Oathbringer chapter 13 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_13#
- Oathbringer chapter 15 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_15#
Big Smooth (talk) 16:27, 25 September 2019 (UTC)