|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
”[Melishi] could make no specific account of his process; it was related to the very nature of the Heralds and their divine duties, an attribute the Bondsmiths alone could address.
Melishi is thought to have lived several thousand years ago, and was likely the only Bondsmith of his generation. Like the other Radiants, he fought against the Voidbringers; the book Words of Radiance stated that he was determined to destroy them using abilities unique to the Bondsmith order. His plan was related to the nature of the Heralds and he was not able to fully explain it to the other orders of Radiants.
The Urithiru gem archive held some additional details about Melishi's plan. Melishi and other scholar Radiants of the time believed that the Unmade Ba-Ado-Mishram had Connected to the parsh and was supplying them with Voidlight, facilitating their Forms of Power. The Radiants intended to capture Ba-Ado-Mishram using Melishi's abilities and a perfect gemstone, denying them Voidlight and thus bringing the war to an end. However, Naze-daughter-Kuzodo was concerned about the unintended side effects of Melishi's actions. The specific outcome of Melishi's plan is not known, but the events surrounding this conflict are believed to be the basis of the legendary False Desolation. Sylphrena comments to Kaladin that when the parsh were "conquered", their Connection and Identity were damaged, creating what was known as "slaveform" for several millenia.
Attributes and Abilities
Melishi was bonded to one of three specific spren that allowed him to use the Surges of Tension and Adhesion. Because he is only known through historical texts, the exact nature and extent of his abilities are unknown, but he can presumably utilize the Surges similarly to others of his Order.
- Words of Radiance chapter 58 epigraph Summary: Words of Radiance/Epigraphs/Chapter_58#
- Oathbringer chapter 83 epigraph Summary: Oathbringer/Epigraphs/Chapter_83#
- Oathbringer chapter 80 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_80#
- Oathbringer chapter 81 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_81#
- Oathbringer chapter 79 epigraph Summary: Oathbringer/Epigraphs/Chapter_79#
- Oathbringer chapter 78 epigraph Summary: Oathbringer/Epigraphs/Chapter_78#
- Oathbringer chapter 82 epigraph Summary: Oathbringer/Epigraphs/Chapter_82#
- Oathbringer chapter 56 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_56#
- Oathbringer chapter 17 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_17#
- Stormlight Three Update #3
— Arcanum - 2016-08-08#
- Oathbringer chapter 64 Summary: Oathbringer/Chapter_64#
- Words of Radiance Ars Arcanum Summary: Words of Radiance/Ars Arcanum#