|Ingredients||Flatbread, meat, sauce|
|Featured In||The Stormlight Archive|
The flatbread used in chouta is very thick. The meat often used in the warcamps is flangria, which is mixed with ground lavis, formed into small balls, battered and fried. The meatballs are then stuffed into the fried bread and covered with a generous amount of dark gravy. The chouta stands in Dalinar's warcamp also sell a variety that is stuffed with fried cremling claws instead of meatballs, and there may be other variations. Chouta is flavorful, but not spicy.
Lopen introduced Bridge Four to chouta in the warcamps. Kaladin initially thought it looked disgusting, but Sigzil and Rock tried it and enjoyed it. Kaladin eventually broke down and bought some chouta from a street vendor; he was annoyed to discover that he actually liked it. The love of chouta spread throughout Bridge Four, and Teft, Skar, Leyten, and Drehy were all later seen eating it.
- Brandon Sanderson has noted that chouta are not inspired by burritos and are closer to "deep-fried meatballs in a sopaipilla". Brandon is fascinated by the rapid development of portable street food during the industrial revolution, and devised chouta to reflect this concept.
- Words of Radiance chapter 46#
- Words of Radiance chapter 18#
- Oathbringer chapter 74#
- Oathbringer chapter 46#
- Words of Radiance chapter 81#
- Oathbringer chapter 73#
- Oathbringer chapter 68#
- Rhythm of War interlude I-5#
- General Reddit 2017
— Arcanum - 2017-12-18#
- Words of Radiance Scottsdale signing
— Arcanum - 2014-03-14#