”At these points, Physical matter, Cognitive thought, and Spiritual essence become one--and a being can slide between Realms.
A Perpendicularity is a stable junction between the Physical realm and Cognitive Realm. They are used by Worldhoppers such as Hoid to go from planet to planet. They are formed through the concentration of Investiture in the Physical and Cognitive Realms. Because of this, they are most commonly found at Shardpools.
- The pool below the Pits of Hathsin was the main perpendicularity before it was destroyed by Kelsier. The other known perpendicularity, the Well of Ascension, was extremely dangerous during Ruin's imprisonment.
- Devotion's Shardpool is currently the only known perpendicularity on Sel.
- Perpendicularities on Threnody are unstable, unpredictable, and have a morbid origin. They may possibly have something to do with the creation of Shades.
- First of the Sun
- First of the Sun is notable for being a minor shardworld with a perpendicularity. It is, presumably, Patji's Eye.
- It is speculated that the Origin of the highstorms to the east may be a perpendicularity. As well, there is a pool in the Horneater Peaks that is suspected to be a shardpool perpendicularity.
- Arcanum Unbounded - The Drominad System
- Mistborn: Secret History part 2 chapter 1
- Arcanum Unbounded - The Threnodite System
|Shards||Ambition · Autonomy · Cultivation · Devotion · Dominion · Endowment · Honor · Odium · Preservation · Ruin · Survival Shard|
|Planets||Ashyn · Braize · First of the Sun · Nalthis · Roshar · Scadrial · Sel · Taldain · Threnody · Vax · Yolen|
|Terms||Adonalsium · Sliver · Splinter · Realmatic Theory · Intent · Focus · Investiture · Shardpool · Spiritweb|
|Other||Hoid · Seventeenth Shard · Shattering · Worldhopping · Letters · Silverlight|