“I did not make a mistake. I have never made a mistake. However, it is time for a change.”
Rashek was a Feruchemical Terrisman from Scadrial.
He led Alendi to the Well of Ascension and killed him, under instructions from his uncle, Kwaan. He then took and used the power of Preservation, ascending to become the Lord Ruler.
As he was using the power of the Well, he changed many aspects of life on Scadrial.
- He moved the planet closer to its star in order to burn the mist away.
- As a result of the new orbit, he added a number of active volcanoes to the planet, which allowed him to cool the world down a bit.
- The new climate of the planet needed drastically different plants to be created.
- He created or changed microbes to break down the ash as part of their metabolic functions.
- He altered mankind so that they would survive the continuous ashfall.
- He transformed all living Feruchemists into mistwraiths, creating the first of the species.
- He changed his most favoured allies to be taller, stronger, more intelligent and less fertile to create the nobles.
- He changed his enemies into the skaa, making them shorter, hardier, and more fertile.
- He converted all the Terris Worldbringers to kandra.
- He flattened the original Terris homeland, where the Well of Ascension was and built Kredik Shaw on top of it .
- He raised mountains in the North and named the location Terris.
- He became functionally immortal, compounding both gold and atium.
- He gained knowledge of all three Metallic Arts on Scadrial, allowing him to develop the three hemalurgic constructs that existed in the Final Empire.
 Lord Ruler
He formed the Final Empire, and conquered the whole of the world. He subjugated all but ten people, who he made Mistborn and allowed them to rule over the masses.[Citation needed] He made use of both Allomantic and Feruchemical powers in order to Compound to keep himself alive, and even had Hemalurgic piercings to produce some of his most dramatic powers. The Lord Ruler was also called Sliver of Infinity by the people of the Final Empire.
The Lord Ruler said, his empire lasted a thousand years, but he was mistaken there, as it had been 1024 years.
He was killed by Vin during the skaa rebellion that led to the Collapse.
“He suffered much beneath Ruin's hand, but he was a good man, who ultimately had honorable intentions.”
on Rashek's corruption by Ruin
. A note on the reverse of the flower picture
in a book written by Sazed after his ascension.
“Let the executions begin.”
“"My lord," Tevidian said, turning away from her. "Look outside your window! Do we not have better things to discuss? The entire city is in rebellion! Skaa torches light up the night, and they dare go out into the mists. They blaspheme in riots, attacking the keeps of the nobility!"
"Let them," the Lord Ruler said in an uncaring voice.
and the Lord Ruler arguing about the skaa rebels
“God cannot be killed. God cannot be overthrown. Your rebellion—you think I haven't seen its like before? You think I haven't destroyed entire armies on my own? What will it take before you people stop questioning? How many centuries must I prove myself before you idiot skaa see the truth? How many of you must I kill!”
“You don't know what I do for mankind. I was your god, even if you couldn't see it. By killing me, you have doomed yourselves...”
—The Lord Ruler's final words